[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 65, 88)

Football on BT SportVerified account @btsportfootball
Follow Follow @btsportfootball
More

"We shouldn't have to work that hard to win at places like this, with all due respect." "They were the ones who looked like they fancied a title race." Steven Gerrard's honesty and no nonsense approach is becoming a staple of his management style...

Edited by ian1964

Well done to the team for finding the goals.  The winner was brilliant!

I'm happy to admit that I had no confidence in them at 60 minutes and they proved me wrong.

Sad to see Barisic go off injured.  We are likely to miss him but Wallace might also prove me wrong in the next two games.

1 hour ago, Little General said:

we played much better with two up front.

I wonder if today will mark a significant turning point in SG’s managerial reign here.

Playing two up front made such a big difference to the way we played today. We certainly wouldn’t have won the way things were going until Lafferty came on.

But will he now continue with two up front ? And, if so, what will the formation will be ? 4-4-2 ?3-5-2 ?

I’m sure SG will look back at last season when firstly Pedro then Murty were in charge & both stuck rigidly to one up front. Both ultimately failed(although this not the only reason of course) and as a result got axed. My own view is with this squad we’re not quite good enough to play one up front especially when teams ‘park the bus’.

Wedneday’s team selection will be interesting.

Edited by RANGERRAB