Manchester City have sacked boss Stuart Pearce after two years in charge.

The former England captain's contract at the City of Manchester Stadium has been terminated with immediate effect just a day after the end of the season.

Chief executive Alistair Mackintosh told the club's website: "The board of directors would like to thank Stuart for his hard work and service."

Pearce took over from Kevin Keegan as City manager but his side struggled to 14th in the Premiership this season.

City scored just 10 goals at home all season, the worst record in the history of top-flight football.

And they failed to win any of their last six matches of the campaign.

Not a surprise. He started off well but it turned pair shape and Man City went from a good attacking team to dull and boring.

I dont like him anyway so :uzi:

Do City want to hijack Newcastles talks with Allardyce!!! If he chose Man City he wouldnt have to move house etc....and City are potentially as big as Newcastle and may have the cash to spend.

I was surprised just how nice a guy Pearce was when being interviewed com[ared to what he was like during his playing days. Hate the cunt though for being so English!

I think its an act when he is in front of the cameras.

I dont like him coz he is so anti Scottish, and remember when he refused to shake the Scottish players hands at Euro 96.