[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

3 minutes ago, compo said:

We know a wins a must , I would pair Lafferty and Morelos up front .

But will we be making defensive changes yet again the manager must know his best defensive formation by now .

SG knows who he'd like to have playing but injuries mean he can't.

Formation wise, it'll be the usual four.

Edited by buster.

I think this is our 37th competitive game?

It's been two games a week for five months, there are injuries, niggles, and fatigue.

We must win against Hibs. 

I want a true Rangers performance, hopefully we take the game to them. I have never been much for bugle blowing charges, but if that is what it takes to get this one over the line. We need momentum before ................. 

Just do it Bears, please!

Tavernier is a frustrating one. I don't think he's Captain material, and he's been really poor of late -- how many times does he lose the ball when trying to take on his man? He then pops up with a crucial assist -- and I'd always back him to tuck away a penalty. 

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Tavernier is a frustrating one. I don't think he's Captain material, and he's been really poor of late -- how many times does he lose the ball when trying to take on his man? He then pops up with a crucial assist -- and I'd always back him to tuck away a penalty. 

Give the guy a break, I think he's played more minutes than anyone.

His only game off was the Ayr United League Cup tie

He's played in all of the League matches (the full 90 minutes in 17 of them plus a combined 84mins of the other two)

He's played every minute of the European campaign

....and despite running on fumes,.... he still gets up the pitch in the last minute to swing in an excellent ball for Morelos to score at St.Johnstone.

ie. he deserves plaudits, not stick.

Maybe Eck was right.

Perhaps defenders (opposed to strikers) prefer a 'dead ball'.

Free-kick or penalty spot, Tav has proven to be excellent but he couldn't even make contact with the moving ball (within a metre of penalty spot) last week at Easter Road.

The one penalty I recall him missing was after extra time in our triumph over Celtic in 2016. It looked a tired strike, hitting it over the bar.

At home hubz tried to play us and after a slow start by us were pretty much thrashed 0-0. Surely they can't get so lucky again. If they come to play we will find space and score. If they decide to play the small team strategy it may be more of a struggle.

I’m delighted to have Wallace back, albeit due to damaging losses to injury. He’s easily our 2nd best left back and he needs game time to be ready for Celtic. 

McCrorie, Halliday & Coulibaly simply isn’t a talented or attacking enough triplet to go 3 in the middle. Where are the goals coming from there? We absolutely need to start games with more attacking players than we have of late. 

Could do that with Grezda in a CAM position but given his disappointing form Lafferty is the better option for me in a 4-4-2 style formation, whether that’s a traditional 2 strikers up top or with Lafferty dropping back slightly in a 4-2-3-1 style formation. The former my preference because it’s more suited to Lafferty’s strengths. 

My viewing of games is very restricted as overseas viewers will appreciate but can someone explain to me why Katic is not first pick? Every game I watched in the early part of the season he was hands down the best centre half.