[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

I’m annoyed. A ridiculously defensive midfield with Coulibaly, Jack and McCrorie in the centre. Yet again we are relying on Morelos alone to score goals for us, and he’s going to be isolated again. When will Gerrard learn. Sorry for the rant but how many chances is this formula going to get. Far too much respect shown to these average Joes

22 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m annoyed. A ridiculously defensive midfield with Coulibaly, Jack and McCrorie in the centre. Yet again we are relying on Morelos alone to score goals for us, and he’s going to be isolated again. When will Gerrard learn. Sorry for the rant but how many chances is this formula going to get. Far too much respect shown to these average Joes

Who does he bring in? Have you seen the bench?

They clearly want the 4-3-3, which I'm fully on board with. It doesn't necessarily need to be defensive; it depends how they play. 

Jack and Coulibaly will play as 8s, with McCrorie the DM, I presume. If the former burst forward, then it's not that defensive.

DvWPVwlWwAE4LK4.jpg:large

As expected, Jack's inclusion means Halliday goes to left back.

I thought or rather hoped Lafferty would start instead of Coulibaly.

Coulibaly seems to play regardess of form but Grezda plays poorly and isn't even on the bench when there appears no other wide options. Generally, players on loan seem to get the benefit of doubt before our own players.

You never know what players may have niggles though and that may have swung decisions.

Difficult to get excited about that team and the bench is lightweight.

Over to them to prove they can do it................

---------

Hibs have a more attacking look to their XI with both Kamberi and McLaren starting.

We'll have to keep a careful eye on Boyle.

DvWOrjcWsAAgqQJ.jpg

Edited by buster.

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 1 - 0 Hibs (Morelos 25)

We've dominated and controlled that first half the only time Hibs have done anything is when we've been sloppy with our passing. They've been stuffy in midfield and late in the tackle leaving something on our players. We'll be lucky to have any players left to face Celtic on Saturday at this rate as both McCrorie and Goldson looking unlikely to come out for the second half.