[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

Beat the Keltic then we can enjoy the break. Another defeat is just not acceptable.

It's at times like this that a strong squad helps bring in points and a win is asking a lot of our walking wounded.

It was clear at the start that Hanlon and Ambrose were there for the taking.

We have two fast wingers but never got the ball up to them quick enough.

Candeias and Morelos managed to get us a goal out of nothing but this obvious tactic should have brought loads more chances.

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

Just read my pre match post. How many more chances is this formula going to get ? that performance was disgraceful and we treated Hibs like Real Madrid. Coulibaly and McCrorie are not playmakers, attacks will break down over and over again when we’re relying on players who we already know are not good in the final third. I’m furious because when you saw the starting 11 you knew exactly what was going to happen. 

Edited by DMAA

Watching that today my thoughts were square pegs in round holes. SG does not seem willing to change his tactics to who we have available. Why Hallday at LB when we have LW sitting on the bench?  Halliday was reasonable today but did get caught out of position a few times where a regular LB would not.

We have no guile in midfield. Why did SG wait so long before making changes? Their goal was coming. Why was Goldson allowed to come back out after the break? He limped back onto the pitch. 

I'm just not getting Gerrards methods, we had players clearly struggling, when the subs finally came on, Katic early in the second half, that's understandable.  But Lafferty was to late, far too late imo, also with Rossiter. Apart from the struggling players, it clearly needed fresh legs and a slight tactical change with big Lafferty. He's doing to little to late, the 60 minute sub rule that seems to happen with us.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Who does he bring in? Have you seen the bench?

We’ve been over this. Lafferty instead of Coulibaly or McCrorie in a forward two. And if we must persist with 1 up front where was Grezda? It’s one thing to make a mistake but to repeat it over and over again is inexcusable. Nobody likes a stubborn manager and we’ve been here before and it’s  so frustrating to watch. And the football we are playing is dreadful to watch. 

Edited by DMAA

Just back.  Another gutless display.

The yahoos will beat us comfortably on Saturday and I can see us finishing third or fourth unless some quality is brought in.

It's all becoming a bit repetitive.  New manager, same old shite.