[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

Katic got injured and has rarely featured since.  He didn't play well when he came on at Hamilton.

I suspect he has personal issues, Gerrard doesn't get on with him or he's not training hard enough.  Either way, it's very disappointing that a loanee and a player in the twighlight of his career are preferred to our young centre back, who did look good early on and was also dangerous at set pieces.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's about time we turned the Leith tramps over at Ibrox and I'll be there in full voice.

Edited by Gonzo79

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Katic got injured and has rarely featured since.  He didn't play well when he came on at Hamilton.

I suspect he has personal issues, Gerrard doesn't get on with him or he's not training hard enough.  Either way, it's very disappointing that a loanee and a player in the twighlight of his career are preferred to our young centre back, who did look good early on and was also dangerous at set pieces.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's about time we turned the Leith tramps over at Ibrox and I'll be there in full voice.

Thanks. That doesnt sit well. Something should be rectified there as looking back he was probably what made Goldson look so good.

It's basically just my opinion.  I've heard rumours but I tend to take those with a large pinch of salt.

If I was a manager, I'd want my own signings to succeed.  So Gerrard not playing Katic leaves me a bit cold.

Four months after it closed, our summer window business has lost it's shine, although better to wait until the end of the season before a more informed judgement can be made.

Plenty of talk about Beaton/Saturday but haven't seen any mention on today's referee.

It's Andrew Dallas, so we can expect pretty much anything except a good solid performance from the man in black.

The only reason the SFA can fast-track Andrew Dallas is because the rest of the referees are of a poor standard.

I like the selection in the OP, since 4-3-3 ain't exactly working 24/7 (something we castigated MW for, BTW, but see it time and again like a 4-2-3-1). IMHO, 2 strikers are essential, and in saying that we all know that Morelos is a free-roving striker anyway, so will pop up in various attacking positions. But Lafferty against Ambrose should give us some joy, and hopefully from the off. Since we are down in personell, it is between Grezda and Halliday for the creative MF slot. The one thing Halliday will have to do is look BEFORE he gets the ball, as per usual, he takes the ball, looks/and/or takes a touch or two ... and has two players rushing onto him. That style may work in England, but not in modern day Scottish "football".

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

But Lafferty against Ambrose should give us some joy

I’d be really surprised if McGregor doesn’t start in his place. He’d certainly do a better job of marking Morelos and I think Lennon knows that. 

I’m hoping for two strikers too. Lafferty is a great partner imo and will give Morelos more space and more freedom to get into goalscoring positions rather than wasting all his energy battling for headers and through balls with nobody to link up with. 

This Hibs team were shown far too much respect last week. We need to attack them and have a proper go. Livingston created plenty of goalscoring opportunities against them on Saturday (and actually scored one) and I think we gave ourselves too

much credit for doing the same because we thought Hibs were better than they were. A good day against Celtic doesn’t change how the rest of the season has been for them.