[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

We’ve been over his. Lafferty instead of Coulibaly or McCrorie in a forward two. And if we must persist with 1 up front where was Grezda? It’s one thing to make a mistake but to repeat it over and over again is inexcusable. Nobody likes a stubborn manager and we’ve been here before and it’s  so frustrating to watch. And the football we are playing is dreadful to watch. 

With the lack of creativity and steadily decreasing secondary options, there is no way we are going to play through teams at the moment. 

Goals scored

Aug: 16

Sep: 15

Oct: 11

Nov: 15

Dec: 7

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

With the lack of creativity and steadily decreasing secondary options, there is no way we are going to play through teams at the moment. 

Goals scored

Aug: 16

Sep: 15

Oct: 11

Nov: 15

Dec: 7

Not with these selections and formation. We don’t have to play 3 defensive midfielders. We have a striker on the bench who would make us so much more dangerous. There was one lesson against St Johnstone and that was that we should have played 4-4-2 from the start because we created nothing until we switched to it and brought on more attacking players. It’s a self inflicted goal drought. 

Just now, DMAA said:

Not with these selections and formation. We don’t have to play 3 defensive midfielders. We have a striker on the bench who would make us so much more dangerous. There was one lesson against St Johnstone and that was that we should have played 4-4-2 from the start because we created nothing until we switched to it and brought on more attacking players. It’s a self inflicted goal drought. 

With Arfield out, I agree and had Lafferty in my starting line-up for today.

You could play him slightly deeper (between the lines), simply two up top or vary it during match.

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just back.  Another gutless display.

The yahoos will beat us comfortably on Saturday and I can see us finishing third or fourth unless some quality is brought in.

It's all becoming a bit repetitive.  New manager, same old shite.

I share Gonzo frustration and how often does coullibally pull out of 50/50?. Some out there not giving 100% imo. 

I have aaid it before before and I will keep saying it until everyone listens. This is Warburton Mark 2. I also suspect some loan players contracts stat they have to play if fit. I suspect this may be causing friction within the side?

We have outspent every club bar Celtc.  So this acceptance that we require more time to start beating some of them more regularly is a bit annoying.

Hibs were crap in both matches against us but we have dropped 4 points and we've done worse against a mediocre Aberdeen side.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

We have outspent every club bar Celtc.  So this acceptance that we require more time to start beating some of them more regularly is a bit annoying.

Hibs were crap in both matches against us but we have dropped 4 points and we've done worse against a mediocre Aberdeen side.

SG&Co need a seasons experience and 3 transfer windows before I'd expect a team to challenge for the title.

I reckon we'll finish second over the 38 games.

Problem is obvious. Creativity middle to front and lack of real quality in distribution from CH.

As soon as play slows down or balls are not put into space which players can attack the attack breaks down, defences reform and we are deploying tactics against packed defences because we are not quick and accurate enough ie we lack quality. 

The real measure on where we are is whether we can build on what are obvious overall improvements. The breakage isn’t individual players who are doing as well as they can or managers who operate on limited budgets given the demands on Rangers are to attack and win every game. The breakage is in finances for the job and we all know the story. 

This was never going to be a one window fix with a group of players who were not even physically fit when Gerard took over. The Mexicans are as far as anyone needs to look to see both the cause and solution to the problem. Unless we want to play like Motherwell and deploy 4-4-2 we have to deploy a modern approach. The judgement must be made ongoing after 3 or 4 windows and anyone who thinks we are worse or as bad as we were under Murty, Pedro or Warburton is wrong. None of them would have got through the EL campaign as well as we did all things considered and none of them would have had us challenging for half the season on top of that.

Most folk said we needed 30-50m to catch Celtic. Not sure why that has changed to failure in what is less than 10m net spend since summer. 

The team looks out on its legs and has for a month. It needs quality and no matter what formation we use or what famous names manage the club that is the bottom line.  

20 hours ago, Gribz said:

My viewing of games is very restricted as overseas viewers will appreciate but can someone explain to me why Katic is not first pick? Every game I watched in the early part of the season he was hands down the best centre half.

I thought Katic did well when he came on today. Handled the always-fouling Kamberi well.

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Our problem hasn’t been creating chances and good positions in the last 3 or 4 games or more, it’s finishing and midfield goal contribution. Lafferty isn’t a great goal scorer. Naismith would have been a far better choice btw. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Absolutely, it’s so frustrating to keep hearing the same excuses. You get the impression from the way we’ve approached games like Aberdeen, Rapid, Dundee, Saints, Hibs etc that Gerrard is terrified of losing a goal so packs the midfield with defensive players. He somehow hasn’t learnt that we are utterly devoid of attacking talent when we play those players and the strategy normally backfires because the constant breaking down of attacks and loss of possession due to the lack of passing ability in the team is terrible for morale and gives the opposition repeated opportunities to counter attack you. 

10-15 years ago if we’d started with a team like this you’d be at Old Trafford in the champions league. These days we start with a counter attacking line up against utterly rubbish sides and it consistently results in a scrappy and terrible to watch game of football because we have “destroyers” and former centre backs playing as our Rakitic and our Iniesta in centre mid. 

Edited by DMAA