[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just back.  Another gutless display.

The yahoos will beat us comfortably on Saturday and I can see us finishing third or fourth unless some quality is brought in.

It's all becoming a bit repetitive.  New manager, same old shite.

I think we will still finish second.

The crucial signing is a creative/attacking midfielder.  Doesn't even need to be expensive.  Just needs to be competent with the ball at his feet.

5 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

anyone who thinks we are worse or as bad as we were under Murty, Pedro or Warburton is wrong. None of them would have got through the EL campaign as well as we did

The point being made is the football, which is predictable, lacking in penetration, one dimensional and unable to improvise. Exactly the same as Warburton and to not see the alarming similarities is head in the sand stuff again.

25 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I also suspect some loan players contracts stat they have to play if fit. I suspect this may be causing friction within the side?

The contracts will not say that.

What a contract is likely to do though is charge us a fee at the end if a player has not played enough games.

Oh well yet another draw from the jaws of victory,because we could not get that second goal,

Morelos one chance,one goal then left chasing all over trying to pick up scraps.

As for the rest I wonder what they are coached at Hummel Park,if it is what we saw today god help us next week,some were barely passable and for the rest headless chickens comes into thought.

Just now, MacK1950 said:

Oh well yet another draw from the jaws of victory,because we could not get that second goal,

Morelos one chance,one goal then left chasing all over trying to pick up scraps.

As for the rest I wonder what they are coached at Hummel Park,if it is what we saw today god help us next week,some were barely passable and for the rest headless chickens comes into thought.

I thought Jack, McCrorie and Morelos had good games.

44 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Problem is obvious. Creativity middle to front and lack of real quality in distribution from CH.

As soon as play slows down or balls are not put into space which players can attack the attack breaks down, defences reform and we are deploying tactics against packed defences because we are not quick and accurate enough ie we lack quality. 

The real measure on where we are is whether we can build on what are obvious overall improvements. The breakage isn’t individual players who are doing as well as they can or managers who operate on limited budgets given the demands on Rangers are to attack and win every game. The breakage is in finances for the job and we all know the story. 

This was never going to be a one window fix with a group of players who were not even physically fit when Gerard took over. The Mexicans are as far as anyone needs to look to see both the cause and solution to the problem. Unless we want to play like Motherwell and deploy 4-4-2 we have to deploy a modern approach. The judgement must be made ongoing after 3 or 4 windows and anyone who thinks we are worse or as bad as we were under Murty, Pedro or Warburton is wrong. None of them would have got through the EL campaign as well as we did all things considered and none of them would have had us challenging for half the season on top of that.

Most folk said we needed 30-50m to catch Celtic. Not sure why that has changed to failure in what is less than 10m net spend since summer. 

The team looks out on its legs and has for a month. It needs quality and no matter what formation we use or what famous names manage the club that is the bottom line.  

Almost immediate and constant expectation levels are next to impossible for anyone to deal with, especially players.

We are a Big club but without Big players and the Big expectations are fine but should come with a realistic timetable.

We have to be careful or we could fall into severe financial bother within a few years.

Edited by buster.

I'm more than disappointed to have dropped another 2 points so late in a game but it is what it is. If anyone had offered me the current pre winter break league position within touching distance of the top 6 months ago I would have happily taken it.

Have sympathy for an old man I had to sit in a front room of mainly Celtic fans watching them beat their B team then listen to that display from Ibrox .

Thought the  heart was going to give out at one point .