[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Hibs (Morelos 25)

Simple problem.

We don't score enough, nor do we create an awful lot. The chances we do create we squander. The only player on that park scoring for Rangers on a consistent basis is Morelos, whom we rely far too much on to do our bidding. 

The likes of Arfield and Kent were fantastic at the start of the season in terms of contributing with goals. Arfield seems to have stopped that and Kent is obviously out injured.

Lafferty is basically just the same Kyle Lafferty that Hearts had. Utter gash in the vast majority of games he plays, but scores in the big ones. I bet you he'll come off the bench at some point on Saturday and he'll score an absolute screamer against the Tims. He did that all the time for Hearts.

But yeah, I'm not optimistic at all about Saturday. We're without Barisic, Goldson and potentially Arfield if he isn't declared fit within the next few days. Our midfield is dangerously flat. The likes of Callum McGregor and Ntcham are going to have an absolute field day with it. It'd be fantastic if we managed a win, but I can only see us drawing. Which isn't good enough at Ibrox tbh.

We've made an absolute dogs mess of this month. We've managed 12 points out of a potential 21 points for December. That's appalling for a Rangers team.

What we can all agree on though is that we need few additions in the January window. Hopefully Gerrard gives Pena an opportunity and hopefully we can get another striker in aswell as Steven Davis to hopefully add a bit of creativity to our midfield.

Edited by RTB2004

3 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

The point being made is the football, which is predictable, lacking in penetration, one dimensional and unable to improvise. Exactly the same as Warburton and to not see the alarming similarities is head in the sand stuff again.

Sorry but we create loads of chances. Hibs, Hamilton, Aberdeen and Dundee should have been stuffed 60-0. We miss quality in the final third to convert and quality building from the back to make quicker passes. The only predictable aspect of our play is the final third and cutting edge. I know we are not going to score because we don’t have players in space in the box. The real head in the sand coop is not understanding our financial legacy. This will take time.  

Edited by Walterbear

The lack of creativity was again evident, but I’m going to cut SG some slack here and say that from the squad he assembled the creative players are Arfield, Dorrans, Kent, Murphy, Ejaria, Grezda and all 6 were unavailable today. He promoted Middleton due to his performances and he insists on playing the ever wasteful Candieas as a defensive winger and that is it. Throw in the Sadiq failure as well that we expected a lot more from.

normally that should be enough to create chances and chip in with goals at this level but for all the above to have missed huge chunks of the season couldn’t have been predicted. Try taking Rogic Forrest Sinclair and 4 more out the bheasts team and see what they create?

Yes we can all have a justified moan at SG being unable to make changes that make a difference or for our defence to hold out against a couple of crosses, and with more experience this might come. Perhaps he needs to be highlighting the huge injury list more often as it appears we are forgetting just how many good players we have that aren’t currently available.

just think what the noise is going to be like going into the break when we are 9 behind the bheasts and also behind Killie after 20 games, it’s deafening already. Might be time for us all to take a break!

Agree tannoch - only issue is he took Candeias off and the goal came from down that side. Other than tired legs I didn’t get the substitutions. Again the CH position was key. That cross was good but should have been defended not just at the cross. SG made a mistake taking Candeias off imo from a defensive perspective. 

16 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Agree tannoch - only issue is he took Candeias off and the goal came from down that side. Other than tired legs I didn’t get the substitutions. Again the CH position was key. That cross was good but should have been defended not just at the cross. SG made a mistake taking Candeias off imo from a defensive perspective. 

You must have been full of some Christmas spirit as Candeias played every single minute of today's game.

50 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

You must have been full of some Christmas spirit as Candeias played every single minute of today's game.

Can’t defend that ?

Maybe I’m tired like the team.

That side of the team used to be a strong point (attacking) and I don’t know what’s happened but has often been a defensive problem. Only conclusion is there’s no one better. 

Edited by Walterbear

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You might be gripped by despair but there is no need to succumb to this complete and utter madness.

I personally don't see the issue. Yeah, Pena wasn't without his issues but I think it's worth a punt tbqh. In the 12 appearances he did make for Rangers he scored 5 goals from midfield and set up numerous more. He could be exactly what our midfield is looking for. We've not exactly got an awful lot to lose by giving him a chance in January. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Gerrard has been managing to get the best out of players such as Andy Halliday, a player whom almost everyone I spoke to wanted gone at the end of last season. I can't see why the same couldn't happen with Pena. Afaik he's chucked the alcoholism.