No title this season

4-3-3 works well if you have good players to fill the roles.  We don't.  

I foresee our league challenge ending on Saturday.  Our players looks exhausted, physically and mentally.  The support is also running out of patience.  Ibrox was flat today, even after we scored.  

Bring in a good creative midfielder and things will improve.  But the whole midfield needs an overhaul and Gerrard needs to learn a bit quicker.  

7 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I watched our season end today.   and I have to say Mr Gerrard needs to pull his head out of his fucking arse not only with his team selections but his substitutions as well.   he must have been the only person in the stadium that never seen that hibs goal coming.

Mr tavenier can do one right down the marble staircase.

coulibaly the man the could not fucking hang.

candias how you never got subbed at half time I do no know. bloody  terrible.

the icing on the cake?  the substitutions!!!!!!  Why  so fucking late?  

your failing so badly Stevie boy.   your making Warburton look good mate.

and thats a fucking worry for us supporters.

Agree one or two players were disappointing today but I think you’re going OTT. Who have we got fit &  not playing that are better than them? 

It will, in my opinion, take 2 or 3 transfer windows(under the same manager) until we will be serious title challengers. And there will be unsuccessful signings during this time. No doubt about that.

Second half today  I thought we were the better team but missed 2 or 3 good chances until they equalised. Until then McGregor had little to do in the second half

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

4-3-3 works well if you have good players to fill the roles.  We don't.  

I foresee our league challenge ending on Saturday.  Our players looks exhausted, physically and mentally.  The support is also running out of patience.  Ibrox was flat today, even after we scored.  

Bring in a good creative midfielder and things will improve.  But the whole midfield needs an overhaul and Gerrard needs to learn a bit quicker.  

The issue I’ve got with our 4-3-3( which is one up front & two wide men with three in MF) is that our three in MF ( other than Arfirld when fit) don’t score enough goals. 

Regards the three today only Coulibally has scored this season. Jack & McCrorie haven’t scored yet although to be fair to McCrorie he hasn’t had as many games as the others.

Both widemen today(Middleton & Candeias) have got on the scoresheet a few times so they’ve contributed.

Morelos has, of course, been brilliant but can’t be expected to do it all on his own

4 minutes ago, compo said:

Cross a ball most of our lads couldn't put a cross on a coupon .

We've played games where we've made a lot of crosses.  With Morelos in there on his own, versus several defenders, you could put in some great crosses and it'd still be fruitless.

We need to go through the middle more.

Today, when we had a player running at the Hibs CBs, we continually passed it to a wide player.  Why not just keep running into the box once or twice?  Or even take a shot.  We seem scared to do the most basic things.  

Edited by Gonzo79

The players are getting a hammering but the management is primarily to blame. Our tactics are awful, team selections awful. We know how to counter attack and we set up that way whether we’re playing Villarreal or Hamilton. It’s madness and I’m sick of it. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The players are getting a hammering but the management is primarily to blame. Our tactics are awful, team selections awful. We know how to counter attack and we set up that way whether we’re playing Villarreal or Hamilton. It’s madness and I’m sick of it. 

Totally agree on the tactics or rather, the lack of them. Over 30 odd competitive games this season and I still don't know what we are trying to do. 

18 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m honestly struggling to equate the supposed bad tactics with the fact we have created dozens of chances this season we should have scored from. 

We created plenty of chances today but not enough clear cut with the tactics we used. It’s down to quality and that needs money. It needs quicker transmission through the phases. Except when we’re in the break our transmission from defence to attack is like waiting for a bus in the pyshing rain. It’s horrible and laboured. Even when we break fast it stalls. It’s quality that is needed not Derek fecking Mcinnes managing the team. 

One of the big issues is the lack of the proverbial"no.10"but i belive he could be already playing every game----TAV.

Move him into play in that area and play McCrorie/Flanagan at right back,with rein to attack on the wing without straying inside,as Tav does too much of that IMO.

To do this would then negate Coulibali who seems to have lost his way.