No title this season

Well done to the refereeing team to gift Celtic 2 extra points. 6 minutes extra time to let them get the winner. Even the guy on CTV said he had no idea where the 6 minutes came from but he'll take it. I put on a stream to see the score as I was passing as I was working. As it was still 0-0 at 85 minutes I started watching it. I wish I hadn't now as the wife heard my whole library of swear words. She was shocked as I don't normally swear.:D I even said to her before the extra time just watch Celtic will get an extra 5 minutes. I was wrong it was 6.

16 hours ago, pete said:

Well done to the refereeing team to gift Celtic 2 extra points. 6 minutes extra time to let them get the winner. Even the guy on CTV said he had no idea where the 6 minutes came from but he'll take it. I put on a stream to see the score as I was passing as I was working. As it was still 0-0 at 85 minutes I started watching it. I wish I hadn't now as the wife heard my whole library of swear words. She was shocked as I don't normally swear.:D I even said to her before the extra time just watch Celtic will get an extra 5 minutes. I was wrong it was 6.

With our game against them coming up, I watched the first half yesterday and thought they were very ordinary.

Certainly instilled a wee bit of much needed optimism regards the upcoming game if we can come out with the right mentality.

20 hours ago, Scott7 said:

She is now.

It is one thing trying to beat a 9-man defence and another to play a game of football with a team of "equals".

As we have seen in Europe, 4-3-3 with the right players works quite well. Too bad it takes us more than 30odd games in Scotland to note hat it is not suitable against the likes of Killie, Dundee, Aberdeen and Co. who have drilled the Scottenaccio to perfection.

The difference between us and them is that they still sneak away with wins from those games ... much like we did in years gone by in dire games no-one likes to remember. It is what want-to-be champions need to do though. The role of the referees is another factor ... and them and the CO`s job could be termed distortion of competition.

Killie - Scum 0-1 (Broadfoot off 75ths / Brown (who should ahve been off scores in the 90th)
Hearts - Scum 1-2 (Brandon off 44th / Edouard scores winner in 92nd)
Hibs - Scum 0-2 (refereeing shame game ... Simunovic & Brown hot candidates for red ... again, former did not even get a card)
Scum - Aberdeen 0-0
Dundee - Scum 0-1 (Edouard scores winner in 96th ... and all are baffled where those minutes came from)

... they grind out results ... with a little help from their friends.

It is 8 matches to go and you can check out the amount of points every team can get. The lady enters the stage when it is mathematically impossible. Apart from the OF games, they need to drop 5 points.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It is 8 matches to go and you can check out the amount of points every team can get. The lady enters the stage when it is mathematically impossible. Apart from the OF games, they need to drop 5 points.

I could see them dropping 5 points easily, problem is we will as well, unfortunately for us it looks like the wheels have come off the bus, everyone looks low on confidence and out of ideas

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

(Edouard scores winner in 96th ... and all are baffled where those minutes came from)

Spoke with someone this morning(photographer at games) who told me that there had been time added for a head injury but also that the Dundee groundsman instructed ball-boys to leave ball alone and he took it on himself,on several occasions to retrieve the ball and slowly walk up and hand ball to player taking throw/bye kick.

Obviously he done his club out of a much needed point.

26 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I could see them dropping 5 points easily, problem is we will as well, unfortunately for us it looks like the wheels have come off the bus, everyone looks low on confidence and out of ideas

I agree. The way this season is going I can see us beating them twice and then losing at home to Hearts and Hibs or something

Notwithstanding the tactical and personnel changes we need to make, I wonder if our board has considered an alternative solution to bias in BBC Scotland, the CO and referees.

I had always been insistent that we are a Scottish club and should participate in the SPFL, but these days I am becoming more inclined to get out of this rat infested swamp.  If we had the chance to join the Championship in England, would you want that?  I would.

Its at the stage for me where I just get angry at the obvious corruption in our game and I would personally welcome us looking at other opportunities to escape it.

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Notwithstanding the tactical and personnel changes we need to make, I wonder if our board has considered an alternative solution to bias in BBC Scotland, the CO and referees.

I had always been insistent that we are a Scottish club and should participate in the SPFL, but these days I am becoming more inclined to get out of this rat infested swamp.  If we had the chance to join the Championship in England, would you want that?  I would.

Its at the stage for me where I just get angry at the obvious corruption in our game and I would personally welcome us looking at other opportunities to escape it.

I'd jump at the chance, but we'd need to start much further down than the second level of English football. I remember it was looked at back in 2012 and it was felt that we may have to start at the 12th level (or similar, I now can't remember exactly ).

The chance to do it would have been in the 90s when Sky could have put on pressure, but we've missed that boat, particularly with lots of different broadcasters bidding so none have that much power. We're staying put.

I never watch Celtic’s league games, but they have been scoring last minute winners since I was a kid (87-88 season). The worry for me is that Rangers don’t seem to do so as often. There is a big flaw in our team with regards to character & leadership, as we take ages to respond to conceding a goal at any stage of a match.