[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic (Jack 30)

I never look forward to these matches but I can't ever remember dreading one this much.  If our players could at least show a bit of fight, for once, I'll be pleasantly surprised (I won't hold my breath).  

I suspect we'll surprise them with an unusual 4-3-3 formation and sit off them, letting them have the ball in their own half, to start off with.  They'll score after about 20 minutes and then run all over us for the remainder of the match and we'll have to rely on McGregor to repeatedly save us from another embarrassment.  

Prove me wrong, Rangers.  

Rangers will lose.

celtic are not a great team. We’ve known that for a few seasons now. They don’t have to be. No other side is can get more than a few consecutive wins. Rangers certainly can’t. Jostling with Kilmarnock and Aberdeen isn’t a league winning status.

Comparative success in Europe has reduced the level of criticism but what success was it? Most of the opposition were nonentities.

The Whyte/Green excuses are wearing thin. We’ve got enough to see off the rest of Scotland and have a decent shot at the tims. Morelos apart we have no gallus guys and no tough guys and no high talent. Alfie is all three in one. Viva el Buffalo

45 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I never look forward to these matches but I can't ever remember dreading one this much.  If our players could at least show a bit of fight, for once, I'll be pleasantly surprised (I won't hold my breath).  

I suspect we'll surprise them with an unusual 4-3-3 formation and sit off them, letting them have the ball in their own half, to start off with.  They'll score after about 20 minutes and then run all over us for the remainder of the match and we'll have to rely on McGregor to repeatedly save us from another embarrassment.  

Prove me wrong, Rangers.  

I understand that feeling and have felt it several times in recent years.  However, there's no reason, no reason at all why the team posted above can't get something out of this game.

At some point we have to start believing in ourselves again or just become perennial losers.

I hate it when we have a OF game coming up and are either are off form or have a dozen people out injured. Right now it is a combination of both. Critically our main CHs are out and we may very well see Katic and Worrall being paired alongside one another for the first time ... and only Katic has OF "experience".

I actually checked the team that was virtually over-ran at the Scumhut.

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Katic - Barisic

Jack*

Candeias - Arfield - Kent**

Lafferty - Morelos

* - 81 Middleton

** - 87 Candeias

Missing or doubtful* for tomorrow:

Jamie Murphy (Knee), Graham Dorrans (Knee), Ryan Kent (Thigh), Umar Sadiq (loan cut short), Ovie Ejaria (loan cut short), Scott Arfield (Thigh)*, Gareth McAuley (Thigh)*, Borna Bariŝić (Thigh), Ryan Jack*, Connor Goldson* and Eros Grezda*

In short, we are crippled and are left with folk to fill in slots where we would need quality most. The Yahoos, while ot firing on all cylinders, will have players running on adrenalin by now already, as quite a few have seen a dozen or more OF games and will try to ran us ragged.  And given our lack of luck in front of goals, this might very well be a tough game to watch for us. All I hope for is that no matter who is picked, the player shoudl give his all for the jersey, club and us. And that starts with the captain.

There is every chance that we'll finish the year in 3rd place (Killie at home to St. Mirren), so better be prepared for that than becoming all too upset tomorrow evening.

Edited by der Berliner

It is vitally important that our support don't adopt the 'beat before we start' mindset. That's the yahoos domain. They are past masters at going on to the pitch beat before the game starts - the nineties were a perfect example of this.

We have seen what effect a quiet crowd (not expecting to do anything) can have with being detrimental to a performance this season in the game v Spartak at Ibrox. If we as a crowd turn up and are overly edgy, it'll transmit on to the park. Yes, we don't have a great team in terms of quality, but we can still roar the team on and help them overachieve. 

Can we try and stay positive? 

If we suffer a reverse, hopefully Gerrard hasn't been culpable and the upshot is that the board realise that they are going to have to find more money to afford a better standard of player.

Otherwise, all they are doing is delaying the inevitable. And that doesn't bear thinking about.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I never look forward to these matches

Feck me I love these matches...there is absolutely nothing to fear and we are due a win. Call me spoilt from the 90s.

Good preview Frankie...interesting Lafferty on the left though.....