[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic (Jack 30)

10 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

It’s my niece first OF game, she is proper bricking it

I hope she has a great day!  It's about 26 years since my first match against them (Trevor Steven header, 1-0).

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I hope she has a great day!  It's about 26 years since my first match against them (Trevor Steven header, 1-0).

My first OF was 86 and the 4-4 game when it was pissing down all day. It’s a flashbulb memory for us all; we’ll remember our first OF match as if it was last week.

10 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

My first OF was 86 and the 4-4 game when it was pissing down all day. It’s a flashbulb memory for us all; we’ll remember our first OF match as if it was last week.

Amazing how it sticks in the memory.

League Cup Final in 1983 with Jock Wallace back in charge was my first OF game. 3-2 after extra time. The Tims got an equalizer right at the death to send it to another 30 minutes. My nerves were shredded by the end but couldn't wait to come back for more.

The same team who faced Hibs will really struggle. That midfield is devoid of creativity and very poor in possession. 

Our best chances on Wednesday came from Middleton’s pace. Jack is the one midfielder who has the ability to create something and play him in.

Poor Morelos could be in for another very frustrating Old Firm, double marked with no strike partner and unsupported from midfield. 

As @Gonzo79 said, prove me wrong Rangers. 

Edited by DMAA

On 28/12/2018 at 09:50, Gonzo79 said:

I never look forward to these matches but I can't ever remember dreading one this much.  If our players could at least show a bit of fight, for once, I'll be pleasantly surprised (I won't hold my breath).  

I suspect we'll surprise them with an unusual 4-3-3 formation and sit off them, letting them have the ball in their own half, to start off with.  They'll score after about 20 minutes and then run all over us for the remainder of the match and we'll have to rely on McGregor to repeatedly save us from another embarrassment.  

This time last year we went to Parkhead with a midfield of McCrorie, Holt and Kranjčar. We had a back line that included Danny Wilson and Declan John.

I wasn't looking forward to that match yet we managed to fight to a spirited draw and could easily have sneaked a win.

Perhaps you will be surprised.