[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic (Jack 30)

39 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Aye, shameful and will not be covered by media. Coughing all the way through it and Gordon couldn’t be bothered to begin with. Lowlife scum!

Yet the compliant Scottish gutter press never mention it! anywhere!

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Aye, shameful and will not be covered by media. Coughing all the way through it and Gordon couldn’t be bothered to begin with. Lowlife scum!

To be honest where I sit I did not hear any coughing and worst sound I heard came from Copland Road end.Agree Gordon was an embarrassment.

10 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

To be honest where I sit I did not hear any coughing and worst sound I heard came from Copland Road end.Agree Gordon was an embarrassment.

We sit in Broamloan Rear at front and all they did was cough all way through it. Scum, one and all.

Player ratings: Rangers v Celtic

Mark Walker

December 30 2018, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Jumping for joy: Ryan Jack celebrates
Jumping for joy: Ryan Jack celebratesRUSSELL CHEYNE
Save

RANGERS

Allan McGregor
6/10

Next to nothing to do for almost entire game. Was expected to be kept busy, but easily dealt with Celtic’s one shot on target

James Tavernier
7/10

Bombed down right flank as Rangers targeted that position due to Rodgers opting to use Callum McGregor there

Connor Goldson
7/10

Shrugged off midweek knock against Hibs. You wouldn’t have known he had been injured. Strolled through game

Joe Worrall
7/10

Another warrior at the back. Made a couple of crunching tackles in first half. Another who was surprisingly comfortable

Andy halliday
9/10

Set the tone with a crunching early tackle on Olivier Ntcham and grew in stature as the game progressed. Brilliant display

Ross McCrorie
8/10

Very effective in a dominant Rangers midfield. Offered protection to his defence and bossed centre of the park

Ryan Jack
7/10

Celebrated his first goal for the club with gusto. One of the major successes in the engine room as they ran over Brown and Ntcham

Daniel Candeias
7/10

Linked up superbly with James Tavernier on the right and was a constant threat with his runs. Not quite as effective after the break

Scott Arfield
8/10

Drive, determination and desire was massive plus for Rangers. Overshadowed Scott Brown and won their sledging contest too

Ryan Kent
9/10

Brilliantly set up the game’s only goal by making Mikael Lustig look amateurish. A constant threat on the left flank

Alfredo Morelos
7/10

Relished physical contest and clearly desperate to break his Old Firm scoring duck. He didn’t, but still contributed hugely

Substitutes
Lassana Coulibaly came on with 19 minutes left to shore things up and slotted in easily while Jon Flanagan replaced Scott Arfield in stoppage time, in a bid to waste time really

Total
82/110

---

CELTIC

Craig Gordon
7/10

Had no chance with the goal which wrong-footed him, but made series of fine saves. One of few Hoops with pass marks

Mikael Lustig
3/10

Completely sold himself for the goal. Spent much of first half complaining about a knock. Subbed at half-time. Pitiful.

Dedryck Boyata
2/10 

Looked unnerved and always on the verge of making a mistake, which he did... time after time after time. A truly horrific display

Filip Benkovic
5/10

Was probably Celtic’s best defender but was forced off just before the interval, which left Celtic even more exposed

Callum McGregor
7/10

Utterly wasted at left-back, a baffling decision given he is is arguably the best midfielder in the country just now.

Scott Brown
3/10 

One of the Celtic skipper’s worst games. Almost scored an own goal, overran and consistently gave the ball away

Olivier Ntcham
2/10 

Had no understanding with Scott Brown, lost every 50/50 and was completely overwhelmed by the experience. Staggeringly inept.

James Forrest
5/10

There was a hush of fear when he got the ball, but like his teammates had a rare poor day and was ineffective in possession

Ryan Christie
7/10

Looked Celtic’s most dangerous player by far and came close to levelling in the second half, but had no support at all

Scott Sinclair
5/10

Looked dumbstruck at Rangers’ superiority and spent most of the game trying to stem the tide on his flank

Mikey Johnston
4/10 

It looked too much, too soon for youngster. Got no change from Goldson and Worrall and frankly looked out of his depth. Subbed

Substitutes
Kristoffer Ajer did well enough, while Anthony Ralston did better than the perpetually complaining Lustig. Odsonne Edouard was last throw of the dice on hour but did nothing

Total
50/110

7 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Hardest match yet to pick MOTM, however for me I would pick McRorie , he was all over every second ball, and tackled everything that moved. excellent performance, silent assassin !

I said the same last night.  He was class and put in the required effort and then some.

Edited by Gonzo79

7 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Hardest match yet to pick MOTM, however for me I would pick McRorie , he was all over every second ball, and tackled everything that moved. excellent performance, silent assassin !

Good to hear.

I think he can be an important part of our team.

An old school type, hard, determined, with ability and leads by example, Captain material for the future.

I'd hope that Greg Docherty has improved with first team football at Shrewsbury and can also come back at some point to feature prominently. Our own young, committed players coming through would lessen the need for so many loans* and we get the potential financial benefit further down the road, if they improve and move on. 

* Over a season, you are always likely to get more committed effort out of a McCrorie and Docherty than you will from a Coulibaly and Ejaria.