[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic (Jack 30)

Another thing, I have never seen so many plod attend a match in my life, why so many? a van full of the ST Pats fans stuck in traffic just down from the wee Rangers club, hanging out the windows pished & shouting abuse at Rangers fans! plod allowed that to happen

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Good to hear.

I think he can be an important part of our team.

An old school type, hard, determined, with ability and leads by example, Captain material for the future.

I'd hope that Greg Docherty has improved with first team football at Shrewsbury and can also come back at some point to feature prominently. Our own young, committed players coming through would lessen the need for so many loans* and we get the potential financial benefit further down the road, if they improve and move on. 

* Over a season, you are always likely to get more committed effort out of a McCrorie and Docherty than you will from a Coulibaly and Ejaria.

Agree so much with that. Hope to God we don't sign  any of the England U21s (like Solanke) who can't break into their clubs' teams; it would make us look like we are just a stepping stone for them. Docherty looks like he could still be an asset for us. Halliday also proves your point: whatever we were doing letting him go on loan to Azerbaijan?

Edited by alexscottislegend

Comment: Vile behaviour shames fans on both sides at Ibrox

By Andrew Smith 

It doesn’t matter about the split of the supports when Rangers and Celtic meet. Some of those in attendance will invariably induce queasiness about how low they are willing to stoop and yesterday proved no different with all but 750 in the stadium roaring on the home team. Celtic’s reduced backing did not prevent their fans deliberately disrupting the minute’s silence to remember the victims of the Ibrox disaster with a cacophony of mock coughs. When shouts from the Rangers support – which included one of “you f***** terrorist-supporting scum” – also began to puncture the air in response, referee John Beaton blew to end the minute’s silence after under 30 seconds.

It goes without saying that the Rangers support regularly belted out anti-Catholic anthems, but they also held up banners relating to the Celtic Boys’ Club child abuse scandal in the form of “Big Jock knew” – which relates to unsubstantiated claims that the late Celtic manager Jock Stein had alleged knowledge of the abusers’ actions – while at various stages chanting “paedos” 
in reference to the recent convictions.

However, they also had new dirt to dish with a ditty mocking the personal and mental health issues that have forced Leigh Griffiths to take time out of the game. Bellowed round the ground at intervals came a song exhorting “f*** Leigh Griffiths, you won’t be playing football any more”. Maybe one day they should consider playing these derbies behind closed doors to spare the rest of us such vile behaviour.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/comment-vile-behaviour-shames-fans-on-both-sides-at-ibrox-1-4849961

Anybody think he is hurting much??

6 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Comment: Vile behaviour shames fans on both sides at Ibrox

By Andrew Smith 

It doesn’t matter about the split of the supports when Rangers and Celtic meet. Some of those in attendance will invariably induce queasiness about how low they are willing to stoop and yesterday proved no different with all but 750 in the stadium roaring on the home team. Celtic’s reduced backing did not prevent their fans deliberately disrupting the minute’s silence to remember the victims of the Ibrox disaster with a cacophony of mock coughs. When shouts from the Rangers support – which included one of “you f***** terrorist-supporting scum” – also began to puncture the air in response, referee John Beaton blew to end the minute’s silence after under 30 seconds.

It goes without saying that the Rangers support regularly belted out anti-Catholic anthems, but they also held up banners relating to the Celtic Boys’ Club child abuse scandal in the form of “Big Jock knew” – which relates to unsubstantiated claims that the late Celtic manager Jock Stein had alleged knowledge of the abusers’ actions – while at various stages chanting “paedos” 
in reference to the recent convictions.

However, they also had new dirt to dish with a ditty mocking the personal and mental health issues that have forced Leigh Griffiths to take time out of the game. Bellowed round the ground at intervals came a song exhorting “f*** Leigh Griffiths, you won’t be playing football any more”. Maybe one day they should consider playing these derbies behind closed doors to spare the rest of us such vile behaviour.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/comment-vile-behaviour-shames-fans-on-both-sides-at-ibrox-1-4849961

Anybody think he is hurting much??

Remind me, what did former Sellik View Editor, Andrew H Smith have to say about hanging effigies?

9 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

To be honest where I sit I did not hear any coughing and worst sound I heard came from Copland Road end.Agree Gordon was an embarrassment.

Their deliberate “coughing” at the minutes silence was blatant (I was in Govan Rear, closest to Copland).  The coughing caused the outburst from the Copland.... but plenty in the Govan were lambasting the Copland outburst too.