Aye I remember them well frae the auld Drummie days and you can even go back tae Andy Stewart pissed on tv at the bells,The Alexander Brothers singing for these are my mountains and the renditions of au the auld Scots sangs.

Magic days and memories gone but not forgotten.

Cleaning the house from top to bottom, black bun, madeira cake, fruit loaf, steak pie, hoat pea special, cordial, babycham, opening all windows and doors, visiting gran, aunt, neighbours, ne'rday games, calendars, lumps of coal, shortbread, the bells, ships' horns, Andy Stewart, Moira Anderson, the Alexander Brothers, grannies heilan hame, Resolutions, teabread, the White Heather Club, pipers, dark strangers, aw the best, the Maggie, Whisky Galore, the Muckin'o'Geordies Byre, queues at Off Licenses, auld lang syne, first footing, salt, end of party fights, ........................., etc

Ending on a wee personal one, standing in the desert of the Jebel(southern Oman), reading Para Handy Tales.

Feel free to add.  

26th, you were doing just fine up until a wobble with Andy Stewart, loss of recovery with Moira Stewart and off he rails with the Alex bros. Glad you didn’t mention the wee bauchle Alistair Macdonald anguishing about Glencoe. 

Dire though it was in those days it was still better than last night with the Bird lady. BBC2 was nearly as bad and BBC1 England was differently awful.

Only looked at the London fireworks before retiring.

I used to like Scotch & Wry when I was a kid.  Apart from that, Hogmanay on TV has always been rather tacky. 

I prefer sticking some albums on (Van Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Joe Cocker did the trick last night)

The whole of BBC Scotland is stuck in some kind of time warp, unable to move forward, forever condemned to repeat the same shite year after year. The Hogmanay Show, Off The Ball, Beechgrove Garden, Sportscene, Only An Excuse, etc, etc. It’s pathetic and entirely defining. If you want job security, work for BBC Scotland

18 hours ago, Bill said:

The whole of BBC Scotland is stuck in some kind of time warp, unable to move forward, forever condemned to repeat the same shite year after year. The Hogmanay Show, Off The Ball, Beechgrove Garden, Sportscene, Only An Excuse, etc, etc. It’s pathetic and entirely defining. If you want job security, work for BBC Scotland

I never miss an episode of the Beechgrove garden first class programme  .