Alfredo Morelos will face no SFA disciplinary charges

Alfredo Morelos has been league’s best striker ‘by country mile’ and is targeted by every team, insists Steven Gerrard

Morelos hooked up with his Gers team-mates in Tenerife yesterday after an extended break given to him by Gerrard

STEVEN GERRARD backed Alfredo Morelos last night — insisting he’s targeted by every team in the league.

Celtic have declared all-out war on the SFA — complaining that referee John Beaton failed to discipline the Colombian for incidents in their defeat at Ibrox last month.

But Rangers boss Gerrard mounted a strong defence of the player he rates as the best striker in Scotland by some distance.

Morelos hooked up with his team-mates yesterday after an extended break given to him by Gerrard.

And last night the Gers gaffer insisted: “Everyone singles out Alfredo — he’s a target for everyone.

“But we see it as a compliment because he’s a terrific player.

“In the first half of the season he scored 20 goals.

“He’s been the best striker in the league by a country mile so he should see his treatment as a compliment — I would if I was him.

“I can assure everyone that we are working with Alfredo and he’s certainly doing his best to try and improve his discipline on the pitch.

“He is very young, he is a target.

“He gets kicked from pillar to post in the majority of games.

“Teams set out to try and stop him and the only way they can stop him is to be physical with him.

“But we get on with it, he gets on with it.

“He handles it, in the main, very well.

“Of course he’s made a couple of mistakes along the way but doesn’t everyone at his age?”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3723282/alfredo-morelos-steven-gerrard-rangers-best-striker-target-transfer-news/

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Alfredo Morelos has been league’s best striker ‘by country mile’ and is targeted by every team, insists Steven Gerrard

Morelos hooked up with his Gers team-mates in Tenerife yesterday after an extended break given to him by Gerrard

STEVEN GERRARD backed Alfredo Morelos last night — insisting he’s targeted by every team in the league.

Celtic have declared all-out war on the SFA — complaining that referee John Beaton failed to discipline the Colombian for incidents in their defeat at Ibrox last month.

But Rangers boss Gerrard mounted a strong defence of the player he rates as the best striker in Scotland by some distance.

Morelos hooked up with his team-mates yesterday after an extended break given to him by Gerrard.

And last night the Gers gaffer insisted: “Everyone singles out Alfredo — he’s a target for everyone.

“But we see it as a compliment because he’s a terrific player.

“In the first half of the season he scored 20 goals.

“He’s been the best striker in the league by a country mile so he should see his treatment as a compliment — I would if I was him.

“I can assure everyone that we are working with Alfredo and he’s certainly doing his best to try and improve his discipline on the pitch.

“He is very young, he is a target.

“He gets kicked from pillar to post in the majority of games.

“Teams set out to try and stop him and the only way they can stop him is to be physical with him.

“But we get on with it, he gets on with it.

“He handles it, in the main, very well.

“Of course he’s made a couple of mistakes along the way but doesn’t everyone at his age?”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3723282/alfredo-morelos-steven-gerrard-rangers-best-striker-target-transfer-news/

If Stevie G didn't know what we are up against up here, he does now. Hopefully Celtic keep ramping this up as they really are making fools of themselves.