An SFA stitch-up to stop Celtic: Sutton

An SFA stitch-up to stop Celtic is the only explanation for letting off Alfredo Morelos - Chris Sutton

Rangers striker escaped punishment for a string of incidents during his side's derby win at Ibrox.

Rangers wrote a letter slaughtering Willie Collum. Will they now be sending John Beaton a note of gratitude?

Make no mistake, the referee and the SFA, have done the Ibrox club a massive favour by letting Alfredo Morelos off the hook.

They’ve also made Scottish football look like a stitch up.

A friend of mine called on Thursday afternoon after the decision was announced and said, ‘I know there are all these conspiracies in Scottish football, but letting Morelos off just makes it looks like the SFA want Rangers to win the league’.

I had no answer to him. What could I say? That’s exactly what it looks like.

Look, this is not a case sour grapes. I said in my column earlier in the week. Rangers were the better team, they deserved to win the match and Morelos is the best striker in the league.

Take nothing away from Rangers, their performance was exceptional.

But any sane supporter in Scotland will admit Morelos was extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch. Simple as that.

If they had applied the rules correctly then El Buffalo would have been on the end of three separate red cards.

That means three bans, six games, or even more if they pushed him through the disciplinary points totting up threshold.

But yet again it looks like the SFA have bottled it.

They know there would have been a huge outcry from Ibrox, but if that’s the reason Beaton has stuck to his guns then it’s either cowardice or corruption, take your pick.

Given the Rangers reaction to the Daniel Candeias red card at St Mirren when they flamed Collum, you have to wonder if the SFA were scared of a similar response this time around.

If so, that is completely wrong. It’s miles off. That decision was a poor one but it doesn’t mean you don’t judge every subsequent one on their own merits.

How the heck can Beaton say he saw the three incidents and didn’t deem any of them to be red cards? It’s unbelievable.

This carry on sends out the wrong message about Scottish football – yet again.

What are we dealing with here, the Wild West? Is it a case of anything goes?

Beaton and the SFA are effectively telling everyone in the game it’s okay to boot a rival player in the nuts.

There’s no probem grabbing someone’s private parts – unless you are Steven MacLean.

It’s fine if you want to stamp on someone.

That’s what the SFA are telling the kids in Scotland who are looking to make their way in the game.

It’s preposterous and genuinely alarming. These are the kind of decisions that are not just influencing young people, they are making Scottish football a laughing stock beyond its own borders.

How will clubs entice players to come north of the border when the game looks completely lawless up here?

Come on up lads, the league is exciting and competitive, but, be careful, you might get the odd boot in the b******s.

It’s beyond a joke.

This is not even the first time this season the disciplinary system has fallen apart. It’s been happening all year.

You go back to the Morelos red card at Aberdeen being overturned, the Mikey Devlin sending off, Gary Dicker, Allan McGregor kicking out at Kris Ajer, the list is going on and on.

The buffoonery of the beaks is off the scale and the lot of them should resign in shame.

The bungling referees, the ex-ref old boys network, the compliance officer – clearly none of them are fit for purpose.

They should all walk for being completely stupid. It doesn’t matter if it’s a player for Rangers, Celtic or whoever, right minded people have a handle on what is right an wrong.

Beaton will have had the chance to watch the incidents again, slow them down and analyse them properly.

To come away with the same conclusion is beyond belief and the SFA should have the ability to step in and deal with the situation properly if the referee is unwilling or unable to take the responsibility.

It would have been a travesty if Celtic got anything from the game last week.

But it’s a bigger travesty Morelos has managed to get off scot free.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-stitch-up-stop-celtic-13809536

13 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

plus he made a career of falling down and conning the ref at the slightes touch from an opposition player.

Correct. He was the most accomplished diver and writher that the Scottish game had ever seen, and I think he remains unsurpassed in these arts to this day.

I retain fond memories of seeing the cheat regularly  bounce off of the chest of Lorenzo Amoruso, roll around as though subject to ECT, and fail to win a free kick. 

I was trying to find the youtube video of Sutton accusing Dunfermline of laying down to Rangers in the 6-1 league title win, but I can't find it! if anyone has it can you post it please? cheers

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I was trying to find the youtube video of Sutton accusing Dunfermline of laying down to Rangers in the 6-1 league title win, but I can't find it! if anyone has it can you post it please? cheers

Wow! You think they could have cleaned that up off the web?? ??? I cant fin it either Ian?

There's no doubt that having a siege mentality can help to foster the resilience and battling qualities in a team.  We showed that in the recent old firm game.  However, Gerrard will not have had to try hard to create this because the media, SFA, and every other club in Scotland does it for us.  WE are under siege.  This big bad Rangers rhetoric is now firmly drilled into every sports writer, presenter and pundit.  They all know that they must rinse and repeat these lines to get on in their roles.  This is yet another scandalous attack on us, just after atom English's blatant attempt to corrupt the truth, rewrite history, and present us as the racists when his own club were the guilty party. And let's not forget the support they all give to LG, the convicted racist.

Their corruption and bias is clear for all to see, and it's been painful to listen to for years.  However, in the past 3 months the temperature has risen because we are doing well and now at least threatening their precious team's monopoly.

They are hurting badly and I love it.  When we win 55, it will be the best day of my Rangers supporting life, and it will be the worst for them.  Bring it on.