An SFA stitch-up to stop Celtic: Sutton

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:16, BEARGER said:

Some really well known Celtc players are Freemasons. 

Former footballer George Weah will be the 6th freemason to be elected President of Liberia in the history of the country.

http://233livenews.com/2017/12/30/george-weah-is-the-6th-freemason-to-be-elected-as-liberian-president-photo/

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Former footballer George Weah will be the 6th freemason to be elected President of Liberia in the history of the country.

http://233livenews.com/2017/12/30/george-weah-is-the-6th-freemason-to-be-elected-as-liberian-president-photo/

Were Timothy Weah and Paul Larkin inside Sellik Park on the same day?

I propose we let them settle prevailing issues with light sabers?

SFA are failing in their duty as guardians of the game and disciplinary process is a SHAMBLES - Chris Sutton

Chris hits out after Record Sport ’s revelation yesterday that referees John Beaton and Willie Collum have been hung out to dry by the authorities.

John Beaton and Willie Collum think they have been thrown under the bus but it’s now clear the entire disciplinary system has gone completely off the rails.

Honestly, the SFA are making ScotRail look competent.

Record Sport ’s revelation yesterday that referees Beaton and Collum have been hung out to dry by the authorities only leads to more questions about the entire process this season.

The main one being, what the heck is going on? It’s a complete shambles.

Listen, I know some idiots have taken things way too far, with the police involved in a few issues. I’ve had it myself, so I know what it’s like, and it’s not nice.

I can’t say too much about it because it’s being dealt with but a few people missing brain cells are not going to stop me voicing my opinion.

I still maintain Beaton got it badly wrong last week. If, like the SFA said, he saw those three Alfredo Morelos incidents and didn’t deem them worthy of action then he should have refereed his last game.

Morelos must have been laughing all last week after getting off scot free. He basically was given the green light to do whatever he liked on the pitch.

Beaton doesn’t deserve to feel threatened but that doesn’t mean he can dodge criticism for his performance in the first place.

But if, as it’s now being suggested, he had the matter taken out of his hands by the SFA last week without the opportunity to have another look then we really do have a problem.

If Beaton watched the incidents again he should be allowed to come out and say so. Explain the decisions.

Explain a procedure that ended up in Beaton making blatant errors then still being the one feeling hard done by. The SFA denying him the chance to sort it out only goes back to what I said last week that got everyone up in arms.

I said it leaves them open to claims of conspiracy but that’s what happens when you chuck out the rulebook you already have in place and start making it up as you go along.

The whole system seems to have broken down. Compliance officer Clare Whyte is new to the job and I don’t know if that’s a factor but either way the left arm doesn’t seem to know what the right is up to.

It just looks like common sense has gone right out of the window on the sixth floor of Hampden. This season has been a disaster from the first whistle. Overturning the Morelos red card on day one at Pittodrie undermined the referees straight away.

There have been countless incidents of players cited, others getting away with assault, and managers who are critical getting treated in different ways.

Morelos against Aberdeen, Steven Naismith, Allan McGregor, the Gary Dicker decision, Mikey Devlin, numerous strange reds, yellows and offsides.

We get Steven Gerrard absolutely slaughtering the referee and nothing getting done, then Craig Levein doing likewise and ending up in the stands.

Inconsistency is driving everyone in the game up the pole, as with the Rangers statement on Daniel Candeias.

Although if Collum is telling the SFA he didn’t see that incident at St Mirren, that’s a bunch of new questions. Why did he send Candeias off if he didn’t properly see it?

There’s been nothing but confusion from all angles this season. The decisions from the authorities, either on the pitch or off it, have been completely baffling.

This goes back to earlier in the campaign when the SFA had to actually write to the FIFA rules body and ask if they were doing it right. That’s incredible but it sums up the state of the system this year.

The compliance officer and judicial panel are there to help mop up the mess from games – not to add to it.

It’s supposed to be a safety net to catch incidents missed by officials during games but quite clearly something has gone wrong somewhere.

The process is badly malfunctioning and there is a complete lack of transparency.

I believe the SFA should have the power to overturn or overrule any decision on the pitch.

I know there is no desire to re-referee matches but there has to be some sort of mechanism to protect the game when you’re talking about serious violent conduct, which is what Morelos was. That’s what we are talking about here.

It’s about making sure people recognise it’s not okay to go around booting rival players.

But the SFA are failing in their duty as Scottish football’s guardians. They need to come out and hold their hands up. Admit they have got things wrong and this is how we are going to deal with it.

Otherwise this will all blow over this week but it’s inevitable there will be another explosion down
the line.

The disciplinary department hasn’t been fit for purpose and it’s up to Ian Maxwell to show leadership.

We need competent rather than clueless people in charge of the game.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-failing-duty-guardians-game-13836259

Not one mention of Celtic's violent moments. Not one word that Rangers got a 6000 pound fine for speaking out and it looks like Celtic are getting Hee Haw. We also need well balanced reporting Chris and you certainly don't supply that. Start with a media clear out and the media putting referee's under almost unworkable pressure. I hope you are out of work soon.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Not one mention of Celtic's violent moments. Not one word that Rangers got a 6000 pound fine for speaking out and it looks like Celtic are getting Hee Haw. We also need well balanced reporting Chris and you certainly don't supply that. Start with a media clear out and the media putting referee's under almost unworkable pressure. I hope you are out of work soon.

At the risk at being rather called foolish but there is something I don't quite get about this whole thing. I keep seeing the Rangers comments regarding Collum being lumped into the same conversation as the Celtic/Beaton fiasco as if they are directly comparable. Rangers were upset about the Collum situation due to the fact that the ref sent the player off despite admitting to not seeing the actual non-descript incident. I think all fans of any team would be equally perplexed by this decision and would be wondering why this has happened. Ok we could have handled this better tbh and probably made a less volatile post match statement but I think most people watching the game would sympathise with our concern with the red card.

On the other hand, Celtic seem upset that a Rangers player was not punished for minor skirmishes which was part and parcel of a game littered with such incidents relating to both teams (it was a derby game after all). The ref has subsequently said that all incidents were viewed and not worthy of further action. Therefore what is the issue here? If the mhanks are upset that the ref didn't take action over various incidents and are generally upset about his overall performance, surely to back up their case it would only be fair to highlight all the incidents that happened in the game for both sides? Are they suggesting that the ref was biased against them? Why are these incidents being compared?

Chris Sutton: If online pub pics are valid, John Beaton's guilty of 'sheer stupidity'

CHRIS Sutton has claimed that, if social media photographs which picture referee John Beaton in a pub in the immediate aftermath of the festive clash between Rangers and Celtic are genuine, that the whistler is guilty of “sheer stupidity.”

Online snaps appear to show Beaton, who has been caught in a post-match storm for his decision to stand by his call not to sanction Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game, posing for pictures in the Crown Bar in Bellshill. Beaton was forced to call in police after his personal details were leaked online while Celtic issued a statement in the wake of the SFA announcement that he has seen the incidents with Morelos during the game but did not believed them to be worthy of sanction.

The photographs are believed to have come on the back of the game at Ibrox which Rangers won 1-0 and Sutton has questioned Beaton’s decision making.

“I don’t know whether that is a valid photo,” said Sutton. “I don’t know.

“If you are telling me that he was photographed on the day in the pub then that is just sheer stupidity on his behalf. If that is true. I mean it is difficult.

“The truth of it is that if you are born in Glasgow then you are one side or the other. There are issues there. If he was photographed in the Rangers pub then you can understand Celtic fans feeling the way some of them do.

“I don’t think we can all sit here – and this is the first time I have heard it validated – and think that it is a sensible thing to do if you are refereeing in an Old Firm game to then go into a Celtic pub or a Rangers pub because it shows an allegiance.

“That is just sheer stupidity but I will say that the stuff and the threats which have happened are ridiculous but he hasn’t helped himself there.”

It emerged this week that Sutton received a death threat following his own outspoken views on the game but he has insisted that it will not deter him from speaking his mind.

“It is one of those things,” he said. “ Since I have been up here and I have made mistakes but I try and speak and say what I think. If people take umbrage with that then that is their lookout but threats are another thing. It is more for my family that it’s not nice because they worry about it but I don’t think that really it will change my views on things. We all have our opinions on things. I respect other people’s opinions. "I engage with people who want to have a sensible argument on social media but when things overstep the mark that is another thing, isn’t it.”

Chris Sutton will be part of the Premier Sports team which will broadcast the Scottish Cup this season.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17350272.chris-sutton-if-online-pub-pics-are-valid-john-beatons-guilty-of-sheer-stupidity/

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Chris Sutton: If online pub pics are valid, John Beaton's guilty of 'sheer stupidity'

CHRIS Sutton has claimed that, if social media photographs which picture referee John Beaton in a pub in the immediate aftermath of the festive clash between Rangers and Celtic are genuine, that the whistler is guilty of “sheer stupidity.”

Online snaps appear to show Beaton, who has been caught in a post-match storm for his decision to stand by his call not to sanction Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game, posing for pictures in the Crown Bar in Bellshill. Beaton was forced to call in police after his personal details were leaked online while Celtic issued a statement in the wake of the SFA announcement that he has seen the incidents with Morelos during the game but did not believed them to be worthy of sanction.

The photographs are believed to have come on the back of the game at Ibrox which Rangers won 1-0 and Sutton has questioned Beaton’s decision making.

“I don’t know whether that is a valid photo,” said Sutton. “I don’t know.

“If you are telling me that he was photographed on the day in the pub then that is just sheer stupidity on his behalf. If that is true. I mean it is difficult.

“The truth of it is that if you are born in Glasgow then you are one side or the other. There are issues there. If he was photographed in the Rangers pub then you can understand Celtic fans feeling the way some of them do.

“I don’t think we can all sit here – and this is the first time I have heard it validated – and think that it is a sensible thing to do if you are refereeing in an Old Firm game to then go into a Celtic pub or a Rangers pub because it shows an allegiance.

“That is just sheer stupidity but I will say that the stuff and the threats which have happened are ridiculous but he hasn’t helped himself there.”

It emerged this week that Sutton received a death threat following his own outspoken views on the game but he has insisted that it will not deter him from speaking his mind.

“It is one of those things,” he said. “ Since I have been up here and I have made mistakes but I try and speak and say what I think. If people take umbrage with that then that is their lookout but threats are another thing. It is more for my family that it’s not nice because they worry about it but I don’t think that really it will change my views on things. We all have our opinions on things. I respect other people’s opinions. "I engage with people who want to have a sensible argument on social media but when things overstep the mark that is another thing, isn’t it.”

Chris Sutton will be part of the Premier Sports team which will broadcast the Scottish Cup this season.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17350272.chris-sutton-if-online-pub-pics-are-valid-john-beatons-guilty-of-sheer-stupidity/

Again Chris, remind me of what you said reference then team mates, John Hartson and Stephen Pearson leading the on stage Kari oki at the Clanree Hotel, Donegal?

Good to see you have met up again with Alison McConnell. As a then married man with a family, what advice did you give young Sellik View cub reporter, Alison?