An SFA stitch-up to stop Celtic: Sutton

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Again Chris, remind me of what you said reference then team mates, John Hartson and Stephen Pearson leading the on stage Kari oki at the Clanree Hotel, Donegal?

Good to see you have met up again with Alison McConnell. As a then married man with a family, what advice did you give young Sellik View cub reporter, Alison? 

Whats that all about ?

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Whats that all about ?

Sutton is an all-round reprehensible character.  Why he is given any platform to espouse his intentionally controversial views is beyond me.

He also has yellow teeth.

On 07/01/2019 at 16:17, craig said:

Name and shame :ninja::D

Not quite a name and shame,having proposed a Catholic friend for membership of my then Lodge,with a successful outcome I regret to say that neither of us have been back in years.

This was as a result of an evening of "harmony"to raise funds for the Lodge.

The evening was proving a great success until the ritual of playing "God Save the Queen" at evening's end.

During the anthem one of our Lodge was heard to say "Fuck the Pope" during this and to cut a long story short I reported the action to our Lodge Secretary(in writing) at our next meeting.

No acknowledgement of my letter was given and no action taken against the Brother who made the comment.

As such I have never been back and although a private happening it brings the no RC issue into perspective.

2 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not quite a name and shame,having proposed a Catholic friend for membership of my then Lodge,with a successful outcome I regret to say that neither of us have been back in years.

This was as a result of an evening of "harmony"to raise funds for the Lodge.

The evening was proving a great success until the ritual of playing "God Save the Queen" at evening's end.

During the anthem one of our Lodge was heard to say "Fuck the Pope" during this and to cut a long story short I reported the action to our Lodge Secretary(in writing) at our next meeting.

No acknowledgement of my letter was given and no action taken against the Brother who made the comment.

As such I have never been back and although a private happening it brings the no RC issue into perspective.

Disagree with this piece Mack.

The no RC issue is being labelled and accused at ALL masonic lodges - in other words it is being suggested that Freemasonry excludes RC's from it - which is utter nonsense.  The mere fact that your friend was accepted into the lodge as an RC (and one of our past masters being an RC) prove the notion to be blatant lies.

What happened at your lodge could have happened anywhere, not just in a masonic lodge - it doesn't bring the "no RC issue into perspective" because the issue is whether RC's are banned from the masonic order - and, categorically, I can state they aren't.  I am a past master of my Lodge (St. John Catrine # 497) and, through all of my degrees including my RWM degree, there is no mention of specific religions - there needs to be a belief in God but nobody dictates who or what that God should be.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Thanks for that but still feel that disciplinary action should have been taken against the perpetrator even if just for the shame he brought on the Lodge.

Don't disagree that the perpetrator should have been asked to explain themselves - freemasonry isn't based around that.