Very difficult to predict and have a bet in this cup now. Teams make 7 or 8 changes. The value of it has really gone. Even the final is more commercialized and having a 5pm K/off ruins it more.

They should put the Semi finals back to neutral grounds like Villa Park.

At least Liverpool are out, another trophy they cant win. I was hoping their next games after city was a league match as I thought they would have a hangover from that defeat but that could be it out the way now. Brighton away could have been a tricky one but I think they will get back on track now.

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

Very difficult to predict and have a bet in this cup now. Teams make 7 or 8 changes. The value of it has really gone. Even the final is more commercialized and having a 5pm K/off ruins it more.

They should put the Semi finals back to neutral grounds like Villa Park.

At least Liverpool are out, another trophy they cant win. I was hoping their next games after city was a league match as I thought they would have a hangover from that defeat but that could be it out the way now. Brighton away could have been a tricky one but I think they will get back on track now.

You can make a reasonable case that Klopp wasn't at all unhappy about his team going out of the Cup and that would say everything about where the FA Cup ranks in terms of importance.

I'd agree, they've been fortunate that the Cup weekend came after the Man City defeat.  

On 08/01/2019 at 19:25, JFK-1 said:

Klopp patently places no importance on the FA cup and he's not alone in that.  We all know what his objective is.

Looks like David Templeton (playing for Burton Albion as a sub tonight) isn't too bothered about the League Cup,...team beaten 9-0 by Manchester City :D

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Looks like David Templeton (playing for Burton Albion as a sub tonight) isn't too bothered about the League Cup,...team beaten 9-0 by Manchester City :D

Who knows, it's only the first leg.

8 hours ago, buster. said:

I remember Chelsea beating a team from Luxembourg 13  . 0 in the cup winners cup it finished 21  . 0 on aggregate 

Im sure Talksport were at the wind up but after the 9-0 they asked the question is it disrespectful and should teams take the foot off the peddle after maybe 5-0 and should have played the kids from the start.

No way in a competitive game they should. Many teams like Leicester made multiple changes in the FA cup last weekend and got slaughtered for going out. If City had many changes and not been up for it they would have been battered in the press. If they started to take the foot off the gas at 5-0 then everyone watching including their own paying fans would have got bored with them kicking it around in midfield, I say well done to them for keeping on going and giving their fans value for money. Now they can play the kids in the second leg and rest players for their busy schedule as they are going for all 4 trophies. 

I dont like when clubs thrown billions at trying to win things but at the same time they still need to put together a team and play well. City are now going into the elite bracket and Pep is a bit of a class act. I hope they win the league ahead of Liverpool and having 4 Premier Leagues will see them join Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea in the top Premier League era clubs for sure. Although If Spurs can win it that would be some achievement!! (Anyone but Liverpool ? )