UK Foreign Office or The Ministry of Spin ? (Private Eye)

Disturbing evidence is coming to light of UK government supporting a disinformation campaign that looks to actively subvert media independence and interfere with supposed democracy. 

Foreign office (FO) financially backed 'The Integrity Initiative' in 2017/18 with 2M.

The initiative was set-up to "defend democracy against Russian disinformation" by pushing disinformation.

- US political spin doctor with HEAVY previous involved (a chief bullshitter in Iraq war lies) 

- smears against Jeremy Corbyn

- FO approval for building up clusters of friendly journalists (supposedly independent to punters like you and me) to spread their messages

Private Eye article below

DwOdEgcXcAAGppD.jpg

Unsurprising to some but still very disturbing and maybe an awakening for those who are surprised and often dismiss words like corruption and smears very easily. 

When a supposedly independent media is corrupted at that level and scale, the game becomes a bogey. Co-ordinated and wide-scale bullshit to string along the people and subvert the democratic process.

You have the chief US bullshit co-ordinator of the Iraq WMD lies that led to a 7 figure death toll involved.

There is no wish to learn any lessons, hold anyone to account,...but only a need to bullshit more effectively.

You can see this type of agenda run parrallel to so much of what has went on these past few years.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Unsurprising to some but still very disturbing and maybe an awakening for those who are surprised and often dismiss words like corruption and smears very easily. 

When a supposedly independent media is corrupted at that level and scale, the game becomes a bogey. Co-ordinated and wide-scale bullshit to string along the people and subvert the democratic process.

You have the chief US bullshit co-ordinator of the Iraq WMD lies that led to a 7 figure death toll involved.

There is no wish to learn any lessons, hold anyone to account,...but only a need to bullshit more effectively.

You can see this type of agenda run parrallel to so much of what has went on these past few years.

And you don't think that Corbyn & Labour run the same type of disinformation campaigns ?  They are ALL at it, I didn't think anyone even doubted that at this stage.  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

And you don't think that Corbyn & Labour run the same type of disinformation campaigns ?  They are ALL at it, I didn't think anyone even doubted that at this stage.  

Have you read the article ?

17 minutes ago, buster. said:

Have you read the article ?

Nope, not sure I have to do I ?

We live, sadly, in an age where disinformation is more prevalent than truth and fact.  It is becoming nigh on impossible to separate one from the other.

Just now, craig said:

Nope, not sure I have to do I ?

We live, sadly, in an age where disinformation is more prevalent than truth and fact.  It is becoming nigh on impossible to separate one from the other.

Thought not.

I'd recommend you spend a couple of minutes to read it.

What a revelation! Governments act hand in hand with global corporations to control public perceptions and opinion. Who'd have guessed that? Thank goodness for Private Eye, who save us the tedium of having to think for ourselves. Wait a minute ...

This has to be the most superfluous piece of non-news since it was suggested there was a link between muslims and rampant grooming of children. I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott will be along any minute to assure us they wouldn't act like that.