Ayr United/Ian McCall statement

What’s this about? Has someone signed Shankland? Us?

Club Statement

January 10, 2019/in Main SliderUncategorized /by commercial

To all our supporters.

Having recently received yet another offer for one of our players, which at best can be described as derisory, I wish to let you all know the following facts.

There has been a number of bids for our players however NO player will be leaving Somerset Park during this window. The only type of deal acceptable to our club would involve an immediate loan back to Ayr United. 

There may be a number of our players being offered pre-contracts by other clubs. I have absolutely no issue with this and I am 100% certain that any player who takes this option will continue to give everything to Ayr United. They will also be informed that pre contracts in Scotland are not recognised by the SFA and are therefore worthless. 

Though I will never give up hope of keeping our squad together at the end of the season I recognise that there will be departures. Any player who leaves will go with the very best wishes of everyone connected to Ayr United. 

Wherever we finish in the Championship our supporters deserve to watch this special group of boys till the end of the season. Hopefully this will put an end to any speculation through various media outlets and allow us to concentrate on football matches. 

Ian McCall

Manager

8 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Sounds to me like McCall is just over valuing Shankland, and is hacked off because the bids for him are nowhere near his valuation.

It'd be interesting to hear exactly what McCall thinks he's worth.

£500k from what I’ve heard.  Apparently he and McAllister were out over the festive season socializing and Gary Mc asked what the story is Without a Shankland and McCall told him “£500k and he’s yours”

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Whats that about? How are they worthless?

I'd guess that the SFA regard the contract between a player and his present club as the legal document in play and that any pre-contract will only be relevant to them when it actually becomes the contract between player and next club, taking the place of the previous.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

The fact (?) that the SFA may not recognise a contract is irrelevant. They would be recognised by a Scottish Court and therefore it's McCall's words that are worthless.

They may be worthless in the sense that they don't include payment as such, only a legal committment.

Regardless, McCall put's it accross in a way that gives the impression of potential loopholes, which as you alude to, won't be the case.