Brexit - the big vote

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

That's irrelevant because the people agreed and they agreed to Leave.

Not quite.

Parliament has to agree.  So far it can't and May seems incapable of finding a solution.

So unless some miraculous solution is devised that can gain parliamentary approval, this is where we are.

Just now, stewarty said:

Not quite.

Parliament has to agree.  So far it can't and May seems incapable of finding a solution.

So unless some miraculous solution is devised that can gain parliamentary approval, this is where we are.

Parliament doesn't have to agree at all as the default position is leave with no deal. Parliament already agreed to that whether they like it now or not.

28 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Not quite.

That isnt so.  If Parliament cant agree then the UK has the option of a no-deal Brexit.  It may not be what you wish for but it IS an option.  And, if it comes to it, the one that should be taken - the voting populace voted to leave - that vote should be honoured, regardless of consequences.  Democracy is in danger if they don't - and I am not sure that the consequences of Brexit are greater than the concept and protection of democracy.  In fact... I am pretty sure that the consequences of tainting democracy are greater than the consequences of leaving the EU.

1 minute ago, craig said:

That isnt so.  If Parliament cant agree then the UK has the option of a no-deal Brexit.  It may not be what you wish for but it IS an option.  And, if it comes to it, the one that should be taken - the voting populace voted to leave - that vote should be honoured, regardless of consequences.  Democracy is in danger if they don't - and I am not sure that the consequences of Brexit are greater than the concept and protection of democracy.  In fact... I am pretty sure that the consequences of tainting democracy are greater than the consequences of leaving the EU.

I agree its an option.  I just don't agree its the only option.

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

I agree its an option.  I just don't agree its the only option.

But it is fast approaching the point where it will be the ONLY option.... other than a second referendum - and if it becomes a choice of those two then it SHOULD be the only option.  The people used their democratic will to Leave and that should be respected.

Just now, craig said:

But it is fast approaching the point where it will be the ONLY option.... other than a second referendum - and if it becomes a choice of those two then it SHOULD be the only option.  The people used their democratic will to Leave and that should be respected.

We shall have to agree to disagree that it should be the only option.

Trying to narrow this down to a black and white option is not realistic and doesn't reflect parliament crucially.

44 minutes ago, craig said:

:D

Who recently said the following..........."Corporations and their powerbrokers have forever controlled democracy"

Fill in the blanks

C_a_ g

7 hours ago, buster. said:

The strategic and very delibrate dismantling of any effective representation for Joe Punter makes it into a game of shooty-in for powerful interests, especially so when they have so much more control of the media.

Neoliberal capitalism and what comes from it, is increasing  like a subtle form of communism in terms of absolute power.

Peak Spart.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Not quite.

Please, please, please catch up.

If no deal is agreed then we will leave without a deal.

This is the process and I think you've been informed several times.