Brexit - the big vote

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

My issue is that the "EU's clutches" doesn't mean anything to me. I'm getting hit in the pocket and can see Brexit could end up causing issues for my business and stop people coming to the UK. That kind of thing is real to me and I don't see what the benefits are at the moment or short term. I have got no wish to live on baked beans.

I don't have an emotional investment in this either way, but to vote to be worse off seems crazy.

I'm sure youll be ok BD..... :D  That said, you wouldn't eat the beans anyway, you would just count them.... :ninja:

34 minutes ago, stewarty said:

The myth that underpins the Brexit argument.

So we should put our faith in the democratic EU then?  Are you denying the EU undermines UK sovereignty?

As for the myth that underpinned Brexit - that was the bus slogan.  ?

Edited by Gonzo79

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I guess I had hoped that all those who voted to leave were seeing something I wasn't but it seems I'm wrong. :D:D

The whole thing has turned into a sort of online debate where one side don't care what happens aslong as they are proved right and get their way for a 'no-deal' exit.

The automatic goto line about any article or programme that comes up with negative forecasts wrt X or Y is scare-mongering.

Maybe they are planning to get together to organise a massive crossed fingers vigil for the springtime. Political leadership is woeful in the UK and the way it's gone these past two years or so, they are probably planning the same thing. Apparently it's these people who are going to lead us into a bright new dawn, aye right !!

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Apparently it's these people who are going to lead us into a bright new dawn, aye right !!

Is that Macron and Merkel, who are loved by French and German voters at the moment?  Or is it the Spanish government, who are about to call an election because they can't get their budget through?