Brexit - the big vote

Came accross the phrase,............  ".....for sheer protracted agony, has no parallel in climbing annals."

Insert political and remove climbing.

Another consequence of neoliberalism is I think a braindrain in politics.

Not enough talent is attracted to Westminster these days.

Edited by buster.

On 13/03/2019 at 09:35, BEARGER said:

I see Labour are changing tact again, no mention of the “Peoples Vote” from Corbyn last night only a call for General election which he will lose.

Survation - usually the most accurate poll - puts Labour now 5 points ahead. An online poll calling for Brexit to be cancelled now stands at 3.3 million signatures.

I repeat my statement that the 2016 ref was only advisory - no legal validity - so could be ignored. For the record I don't feel strongly either side as I think that we are screwed, Brexit or no Brexit. The real failure/culprit is capitalism.

Buster - I think you and I both know this is all being played out with a script and is softening the publics opinion via reverse psychology to get a remain result back in place. Im just surprised its taken so long. Its what goes on behind the scenes that the public dont know i.e. the legislation that has been transformed from EU to UK on a daily basis without anyone realising.

Im not sure what the end game is here TBH but its a soap opera and all in the plans.

2 hours ago, Gribz said:

Buster - I think you and I both know this is all being played out with a script and is softening the publics opinion via reverse psychology to get a remain result back in place. Im just surprised its taken so long. Its what goes on behind the scenes that the public dont know i.e. the legislation that has been transformed from EU to UK on a daily basis without anyone realising.

Im not sure what the end game is here TBH but its a soap opera and all in the plans.

I think that ship has sailed, ie. there is absolutely no prospect of a switch to remain.

As for timescale, the process was set for 2 years post invoking Article 50 so that really isn't an issue in itself.

What makes it an issue is the poor quality black sitcom of how the Government have went about things and that people are sick of it. However, this isn't something that is wise to say.....'aw f**k it, let's just get the F out without any deal cos I'm seek o it'.

There will be real and long lasting consequences and it would be far better to come up with a deal that mitigates damage.....even if it were to take a few more weeks (which time wise are insignificant)

Theresa May is now like a wagon with only one wheel who persists in rolling along for the world to aim their rotten fruit at.

You have a proven egotistical liar and clown warming up at the side of the pitch. 

The Conservative Party

Leaderless Now Leaderless Future

11 hours ago, buster. said:

You have a proven egotistical liar and clown warming up at the side of the pitch. 

Is that you smearing Corbyn, buster?

16 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Birds of a feather.....

Campbell should have saw a jail cell for the part he played in the Iraq deception.

The fact that Blair and Campbell were never held accountable and are still around, accepted, making money on the back of what they did and generally listened to says a lot about how we do business.