Brexit - the big vote

‘NO DEAL’ it is.....

There can’t be another referendum. What if it produced same result as the Eu referendum in 2016?

And there won’t be a general election as the Tory MP’s  & DUP MP’s will outnumber the rest

Edited by RANGERRAB

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

No chance of that happening. We'll be staying in the EU with even less power now.

Our politicians are doing their best to do away with sovereignty and democracy.

Time running out for that...

I don’t believe there is any other option left other than ‘no deal’ unless the government chooses to ignore the 2016 Eu referendum result

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

unless the government chooses to ignore the 2016 Eu referendum result

The government, the majority of politicians and the EU will do exactly that, with a great big smile on their faces.

Tusk and Junker will be laughing their heads off tonight.  Their raison d'etre is to override national sovereignty, in the name of the all-powerful gravy train that is the EU.

On March 29th they'll have their biggest victory yet and all smaller EU nations will know not to mess with their masters or they'll meet an even worse fate than we did.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Tusk and Junker will be laughing their heads off tonight.  Their raison d'etre is to override national sovereignty, in the name of the all-powerful gravy train that is the EU.

On March 29th they'll have their biggest victory yet and all smaller EU nations will know not to mess with their masters or they'll meet an even worse fate than we did.

Hyperbole :D

Perhaps the most irritating discovery here is that, having put another user on an ignore list, I get constant notices telling me that he has posted/replied/quoted. Surely the point of an ignore list is to be able to ignore those you'd rather not have to suffer. Is there some "blocking" facility that's a little more effective at cleansing what you see on here?

45 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

‘No deal’ it is then  ?  ? 

There are other possibilities.

I would be surprised if the European Union renegotiated, particularly after that result.  Attempting to remain in the European Union will lead to a very dark chapter of British politics.

The only other option is to depart without negotiating a deal.  I think it looks more likely than renegotiation and more preferable to remaining.

Westminster appears desperate to pass the buck to the electorate by holding aa second referendum and I dare say they'll try very hard to do just that. Personally, I've no problem with a second vote taking place after we leave. If a political party wishes to put a referendum to rejoin the EU at the heart of their manifesto and wins a general election then that would be perfectly correct and proper. But to hold a second referendum before executing the result of the first would be catastrophic.

Edited by Bill