[FT] Rangers 3 - 2 HJK Helsinki (Arfield 29; Katic 53; Candeias 75)

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Quite enjoyed that first half actually.

HJK are no mugs and move the ball quite well at times but we've played some very nice stuff ourselves.  Impressed with Jack and Kent in particular and a few others playing well also.

I'd imagine we'll see plenty subs in the second half so it may become a bit more disjointed.

PS: Not sure about the diamond.  Works quite well in an attacking sense but leaves us quite exposed at times on the counter, though we're using a very attacking version of it with the full backs pushing well on.

I'm not sure what it is we're playing sometimes it looks like a 4-4-2 diamond and at others a 4-3-3. I know its a friendly and he's gone with the centre back pairing to get minutes in legs but you can really see the weakness in both Flanagan and Worralls game. Flanagan for me seems to lack awareness of where he is on the pitch couple with his lack of pace shows why he's not been getting game time. Worrall on the other hand has had a couple of decent tackles but either tends to get drawn towards the ball or gets too tight to his man needs to work on his concentration. Jack and Arfield in the middle of the park have been pretty decent. Davis range of passing has been good to see. Kent has looked busy at times but final ball hasn't been there. If we're going to play with Defoe in that position I'd like to see us get him in more, his runs have been excellent, as the service to him has been lacking.

Edited by Big Jaws

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki (Arfield 29)
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 2 - 1 HJK Helsinki (Arfield 29; Katic 53)
  • Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 2 - 2 HJK Helsinki (Arfield 29, Katic 52)
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 3 - 2 HJK Helsinki (Arfield 29; Katic 53; Candeias 75)