Just back from my GPs surgery had to give them some blood but every month they put a notice up telling us all how many people never kept their appointments and for December it was 127 that probably meant that same amount missed out on seeing a doctor what action could be taken if any .

2 hours ago, compo said:

Just back from my GPs surgery had to give them some blood but every month they put a notice up telling us all how many people never kept their appointments and for December it was 127 that probably meant that same amount missed out on seeing a doctor what action could be taken if any .

Yes seen similar at my doctors and dentist. Fines, bans, awkward appointment times should be considered for these wasters.

The NHS , simply doesn't work , it's a system that was born for an age when personal responsibility and sense of community values were in every part of the country.

Now we have a whole series of generations that believe everything is their , and a whole Load of politicians who fill them full of bullshit.

In Scotland this year we will spend 47% of our national budget on healthcare , just think on that for a moment , then consider the fact that a free prescription costs the NHS/ Scot gov £10.80 each , by the time it goes through the system , we spent over £3 million on prescriptions for paracetamol that cost as little as 20p in the shops .

The only people who are at fault for theNHS crisis are thepoliticians who fuck it up even more every year .

8 hours ago, rbr said:

The NHS , simply doesn't work , it's a system that was born for an age when personal responsibility and sense of community values were in every part of the country.

Now we have a whole series of generations that believe everything is their , and a whole Load of politicians who fill them full of bullshit.

In Scotland this year we will spend 47% of our national budget on healthcare , just think on that for a moment , then consider the fact that a free prescription costs the NHS/ Scot gov £10.80 each , by the time it goes through the system , we spent over £3 million on prescriptions for paracetamol that cost as little as 20p in the shops .

The only people who are at fault for theNHS crisis are thepoliticians who fuck it up even more every year .

The health services works well , it's saved my life twice in the past eighteen months but maybe the public as patients have to play our part by turning up for appointments and taking the advice of the consultants it amazes me how many patients I see at the front door of the hospital smoking I am sure that's not part of recovery  .

18 hours ago, rbr said:

Paracetamol on the NHS? :eek2: I paid 175 euro's monthly on health insurance but my doctor would laugh at me if I asked for Paracetamol. Maybe if anyone has a chronic sickness that needs it in larger doses but not for every day sicknesses.

My local GP practice will soon have no full time GP’s. It was in the DR today.

The health board say it will continue but we await details. GP’s can make more money as locums so that’s what they do.

The truth about the NHS is that it costs a fortune to run and employs too many non-medical people. As well as that there is serious money to be made for some in it as I mentioned.

The concept of the NHS belongs in the 1950’s but politicians are terrified of trying to modernise it into the 21st century. 

4 hours ago, pete said:

Paracetamol on the NHS? :eek2: I paid 175 euro's monthly on health insurance but my doctor would laugh at me if I asked for Paracetamol. Maybe if anyone has a chronic sickness that needs it in larger doses but not for every day sicknesses.

Mate , I could tell you stories that would curl your hair about what is prescribed on the NHS ,not only via GP,s but Dentists .

when I stayed in Carmunnock , my next door neighbours were both GP,s in Blackhill , they had a contract with a local taxi firm to take junkies to a chemists as far away as Dumbarton to get methadone , it costs a fortune ,

my dentists when I stayed inPollokshields was in Pollokshaws ,he was an NHS dentist , however due to the influx of  

asylum and refugees he changed to private  ,his fee for a check up was £17 approx on NHS ,private was £35 ,it was a no brainer plus he was allowed to give them everything even down to tooth brushes and toothpaste and charge the NHS for it .

11 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The truth about the NHS is that it costs a fortune to run and employs too many non-medical people.

A good pal of mine, who works at a large hospital, often moans about exactly that.  The biggest earners tend not to be saving lives or doing anything other than fannying about with spreadsheets at power point presentations.

Makes you wonder...

It's not perfect but believe me once you have experienced the US 'system' you get an inkling of how superior  it is. Try looking at it through the eyes of an American who has experienced both systems. One comment he made in the following article regarding the complaints of British people speaking of the NHS says a lot.

My overall impression is that currently, the Brits' complaints that the NHS isn't hitting that 95% mark is akin to saying, "This Rolls Royce isn't moving fast enough!"

Americans! This is what it's like to use the NHS, Britain's universal healthcare system that Trump thinks is 'going broke and not working'