6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

How many?!

Over what period of time?

Where did this number come from?

More than 15,000 Scots miss out on university place as SNP government 'cap' criticised

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/01/15000-scots-miss-university-place-snp-government-cap-criticised/

I don't think this says how many "straight A" students missed out but it does provide some total numbers of students who missed out last year.

19 hours ago, rbr said:

It was part of the SNP budgetary  briefing when they announced their plans for next year , plans which still haven't passed the Scottish Parliament 

Ah okay.  I think its actually 41% of the Scottish Government budget, but when you factor in all government expenditure its a somewhere around 16-21% depending on what cut of the data you look at.   Cheers!

12 hours ago, Bill said:

More than 15,000 Scots miss out on university place as SNP government 'cap' criticised

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/01/15000-scots-miss-university-place-snp-government-cap-criticised/

I don't think this says how many "straight A" students missed out but it does provide some total numbers of students who missed out last year.

Cheers for that , I knew there was a 5 in there somewhere lol ,I think the straight A part was from a radio discussion on the topic .

Just now, rbr said:

Cheers for that , I knew there was a 5 in there somewhere lol ,I think the straight A part was from a radio discussion on the topic .

Whatever the exact number, the conclusion is the same ... it's a disgrace that a Scottish government should legislate to deprive Scottish people of a Scottish education because it prefers to subsidise the education of foreign students. A disgrace but in no way surprising.

On 23/01/2019 at 16:26, rbr said:

The reason there are so many Chinese / Indian student doctors is that they pay full university fees , under the SNP over 5000 Scottish straight A students have been denied a place for this very reason  , shocking ,plus when they say we rely on Europeans , this is another reason , there are enough Scottish kids desperate to be Doctorsbut are denied under this government .

Bang on the money rbr! £1850 for a Scottish student per year from the government, or £10k per year for an overseas student. 

It really is impossible for anyone to try and argue that Scottish students aren’t being discriminated against.

fact - there is a cap on the number of Scottish students that can be accepted due to government policy.