Goldson Out Of Killie Match

With Goldson out it has to be McCauley/Katic at centre back as the first half trial of Flanagan playing there in friendly did not bode well.

Sorry forgot about Worral so any two from three.

Edited by MacK1950

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I have to admit I'm not sure about plastic pitches being that dangerous. Don't our players train on plastic pitches (as well as grass) pretty much every day? We have an indoor synthetic pitch at Auchenhowie. The point about synthetic pitches being used at elite level is a different question. Synthetic pitches will never provide the experience of grass pitches. But if they were that dangerous we wouldn't all be training on them, never mind the fact that the vast majority of youth football is played on plastic these days.

First team train on grass, predominantly - unless weather causes them to go inside. There is also a 4G synthetic outdoor pitch at Auchenhowie (was laid last summer) but that is used for the Academy teams.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

With Goldson out it has to be McCauley/Katic at centre back as the first half trial of Flanagan playing there in friendly did not bode well.

Worral and McCauley I would imagine. Katic seems to be out of favour for some reason

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Would be Worrall & McAuley for me.  My worry with Katic & Worrall would be the lack of experience.  So, I guess, for me it would be McAuley plus one of the other two.

39 minutes ago, DMAA said:

McAuley is frightfully slow, that’s my only concern on the counter with the quick Brophy and Jones. Katic looked good against Helsinki, good to see his goalscoring threat too.

Agreed Re McAuley's pace.  However, I personally would go for experience over pace.  The full backs (if Tavernier and Barasic) should offer cover inside for McAuley if needed (depending on which side of CB McAuley were to play.

My fear with two inexperienced CB's is being pulled all over the place and communication - McAuley as the old head can marshall the back line.

Wonder if Clarke will play Jones or not - is definitely a risk because if he has a bad game Killie fans will be on his case for the rest of the season for not trying against his future employers.

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd play Katic and McAuley.  That way we have experience, a wee bit of pace and a goal threat at set pieces.

Plus McAuley and Worrel have not really been that great together from what I can remember.