[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

Let’s hope 26th is right. Let’s hope Defoe plays, scores at least once and comes off uninjured.

I have a memory, not too distant, of a fairly prominent Glasgow club going to Kilmarnock after the break with a new star striker, successful,in the EPL. The signing had just won them the league, apparently.

The new guy didn’t score and Kilmarnock won easily. A similar fate will not befall a much more prominent Glasgow club, will it?

26th's power of distant recall are almost as good and interesting as his writing :clap:

Huge game in terms of momentum against a very organised and effective Kilmarnock side. Stewart may have gone but they still have Jones and Brophy as potent attacking threats.

We need to start consistently winning league matches so as to build on the win against Celtic. We have a better squad and SG&Co need to find the best formation(s)/starting XI as quickly as possible. Defoe, Davis and to a degree, Barisic will need to get themselves up to speed asap. Of the three, it might be that only Davis starts tomorrow, I don't think you can throw in all three at the sametime. 

Any kind of win tomorrow will do, just come home with the three points.

Very enjoyable preview.  

I'm not interested in seeing us play lovely football at Kilmarnock or Livingston (I won't be in attendance, so that's by the by) - winning is all that matters.  Hopefully with no injuries.

I feel it's going to be a repeat of the same thing we have seen so many times this season. Killie will sit in, try to absorb the assault and catch us on the break for a narrow win. If they score first they will dig in even deeper. They have the third best defensive record in the top 6.

We will more than likely have the majority of the ball and need to break them down. Hopefully early to open it up. Davis and Defoe, this is exactly the scenario we brought you in for.

Well we’ve caught Kilmarnock at the perfect time, Stewart who has carried them this season is away and they haven’t had a chance to replace him yet and Jones has a huge cloud hanging over him. Any shred of an excuse has been removed and nothing less than 3 points will suffice. 

23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Well we’ve caught Kilmarnock at the perfect time, Stewart who has carried them this season is away and they haven’t had a chance to replace him yet and Jones has a huge cloud hanging over him. Any shred of an excuse has been removed and nothing less than 3 points will suffice. 

Plus I think the break has actually help and came at a good time. Now its about rolling the sleeves up and just winning games. Its over the players now but if we get 3 pts from this game then the title is very much realistic. To be level at this stage is ahead of what we all probably thought.

If we were to take full points from the next 4 league matches my belief would begin approaching optimal level of expectation. The yahoos on the other hand have an upcoming league schedule almost designed to give them an easy time of it.

Of their next 5 league matches only 1 is away and that's at St Johnstone. Their next two are at home hosting 2 of the bottom 3. 

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If we were to take full points from the next 4 league matches my belief would begin approaching optimal level of expectation. The yahoos on the other hand have an upcoming league schedule almost designed to give them an easy time of it.

Of their next 5 league matches only 1 is away and that's at St Johnstone. Their next two are at home hosting 2 of the bottom 3. 

I was just looking at the fixtures. They have St Mirren, Hamilton and St Johnstone all at home within 7 days. Youd expect they will get 9 pts therefore we have to take max pts from Kilmarnock and Livingston. It could be a defining week.