[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I think much of the reason we are all gutted is due to having won on December 29th and feeling we had properly turned a corner. 

What we need in these kind of games is an early goal.  We got one and then still messed it up.  That's what annoys me - nothing to do with previous results.

We have better players than Kilmarnock. 

Although I agree that many will also be annoyed because of the thought that we had turned a corner.

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

Thing is with Worral, it's not the first time he's done that, he always tries to give the appearance of a man that is in control, when in fact he can be quite the opposite.

What was his pass back later in the first half like?!

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

I like your optimism. How many really good performances as opposed to bad performances have we had in the league so far? Far too many poor games to win any league imo and the manager has to take responsibility it’s his team selection and tactics.

You can give up on the league this early if you choose, that is your prerogative.  I, personally, will wait a while.  How many points have we dropped due to officiating errors ?  How many poor performances have Celtic had ?  Will they continue ?

Too many questions, not enough answers, and too many games and points still to be won this season to be giving up on it just yet.

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If  Worrall is a centre back, I am the Duke of Roxburgh.

A rather irrelevant post.  He's at the club, employed as a CB.  We send him back and we don't have enough cover at that position.  

I can almost guarantee you weren't making such remarks on December 29th post-game.

Just now, craig said:

You can give up on the league this early if you choose, that is your prerogative.  I, personally, will wait a while.  How many points have we dropped due to officiating errors ?  How many poor performances have Celtic had ?  Will they continue ?

Too many questions, not enough answers, and too many games and points still to be won this season to be giving up on it just yet.

The only answer that looks certain is our inability to transfer our home form to our away games. That's why we won't win the league. 

7 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

We might have to use McCrorie in a centre back role till Goldson is fit again as I have doubts on both McCauley(pace) and Worrall(proved tonight.

Not for me, thanks.

I'm happy to stick with the centre backs that we have rather than play someone out of position.

Katic should undoubtedly be given a chance.

I don't know how Worrall managed to last the full 90 minutes today. **** went and made that mistake and he never looked the same. Looked shaken to fuck.

Worrall is the type of player who will show up against better opposition. We've seen that when we played against Villarreal and we've seen it when we played against Celtic. Stick him against any other team in the league, your Kilmarnocks, your Dundees, etc and he looks like a totally different player.

Worrall is a good player when he decides to show up. I've said it for quite a while now, he's far too slow on the ball and today it cost us.

That being said though. Gerrard has to shoulder some of the blame for fucking about with the formation. 2 upfront has never suited us in recent years and to change it in a game that was always going to be a difficult one is just brain dead fucking stupid.