[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

2 minutes ago, craig said:

A rather irrelevant post.  He's at the club, employed as a CB.  We send him back and we don't have enough cover at that position.  

I can almost guarantee you weren't making such remarks on December 29th post-game.

Worrall would just have cleared the ball against Celtic, instead he thinks he is Beckenbauer.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

craig, with regards to our league title chances...there's a grey area betwern hope and realism.  And tonight it, understandably, is a rather dark grey.

Nobody is suggesting otherwise though.

The realism is that there are still 48 points to play for and we are THREE points behind.... six if Celtic win their game in hand.  It is still realistic to say we can win the league.

And we ALL live in hope.

Celtic, clearly, are favourites for the title - but they too have had their share of honking performances this season.

1 minute ago, RTB2004 said:

Katic should undoubtedly be given a chance.

I don't know how Worrall managed to last the full 90 minutes today. **** went and made that mistake and he never looked the same. Looked shaken to fuck.

Worrall is the type of player who will show up against better opposition. We've seen that when we played against Villarreal and we've seen it when we played against Celtic. Stick him against any other team in the league, your Kilmarnocks, your Dundees, etc and he looks like a totally different player.

Worrall is a good player when he decides to show up. I've said it for quite a while now, he's far too slow on the ball and today it cost us.

That being said though. Gerrard has to shoulder some of the blame for fucking about with the formation. 2 upfront has never suited us in recent years and to change it in a game that was always going to be a difficult one is just brain dead fucking stupid.

I think that could be said of a lot of our players tbh 

That performance was much more typical of our season than the Celtic game. After 22 games we’re joint 4th. Everybody has played each other home & away now. A 4th place finish is much more likely than 1st place, in reality. We have 42 Pts at this stage, albeit 3 more than the previous 2 seasons. I can’t see Gerrard keep his job if we finish outside the top 2, unless he wins the Scottish Cup. Which wouldn’t surprise me either!

7 minutes ago, craig said:

A rather irrelevant post.  He's at the club, employed as a CB.  We send him back and we don't have enough cover at that position.  

I can almost guarantee you weren't making such remarks on December 29th post-game.

Worrall is too high risk. Some players are, but some are worth it. I am very much afraid that Worral does not fit into that category. I should chase him, frankly. 

1 minute ago, barca72 said:

I never seen the game today but it seems like, reading the thread, that the team has gone from heroes to zeroes in ninety minutes.
The sun will rise tomorrow.

Not in bloody Scotland it won't,

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

Worrall is too high risk. Some players are, but some are worth it. I am very much afraid that Worral does not fit into that category. I should chase him, frankly. 

I would too - but I would be looking for a replacement in this window before I did so.

It's all very strange - at the start of the season our CB's looked very solid (Goldson & Katic), then Katic hit a rough patch, lost his place and, ever since, we have looked decidedly shaky at the back.

Our strongest area (CB) from the start of the season now looks like our weakest - it's weird.

Worrall is getting pelters but I honestly think McAuley will be caught for pace more often than Worrall does something like that. I was a fan at first but he has to be the slowest player we’ve ever had.