[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

Just now, DMAA said:

Worrall is getting pelters but I honestly think McAuley will be caught for pace more often than Worrall does something like that. I was a fan at first but he has to be the slowest player we’ve ever had.  

I don't think he is as slow as Davie Weir - but Davie Weir was always a yard quicker in the brain.

2 minutes ago, 917 said:

That performance was much more typical of our season than the Celtic game. After 22 games we’re joint 4th. Everybody has played each other home & away now. A 4th place finish is much more likely than 1st place, in reality. We have 42 Pts at this stage, albeit 3 more than the previous 2 seasons. I can’t see Gerrard keep his job if we finish outside the top 2, unless he wins the Scottish Cup. Which wouldn’t surprise me either!

It's a bit early to talk about keeping his job etc. SG has much to learn but I've seen enough to keep the faith in the bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, 917 said:

That performance was much more typical of our season than the Celtic game. After 22 games we’re joint 4th. Everybody has played each other home & away now. A 4th place finish is much more likely than 1st place, in reality. We have 42 Pts at this stage, albeit 3 more than the previous 2 seasons. I can’t see Gerrard keep his job if we finish outside the top 2, unless he wins the Scottish Cup. Which wouldn’t surprise me either!

I can't believe what I am reading here.  This is not a one season job.  I could criticise the manager too with some of his choices but seriously, he needs to be given time.  It will be a rocky road but I expect some real highs along the way.

3 minutes ago, 917 said:

I can’t see Gerrard keep his job if we finish outside the top 2, unless he wins the Scottish Cup.

The pay-off would be monstrous.  No way he'll get sacked after a year.  The league form isn't far off justifying that very thing though.  Needs to improve fast.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Okay here is my tuppence. I have said from day 1 Steven Davis is not going to be the difference to us winning the league. Our midfield should be McCrorie with Jack and Arfield more advanced. Thankfully Davis only has a 6 month contract because we really need better than him to win the league. Their seems to be the misconception that he was brilliant first time round but I can remember plenty of games he was the invisible man. Unreal why people thought Worrel was a world bearer after one good game against Celtic. We should be investing our time in Katic. The only time I saw McAuly was when he got yellow and letting Jones run 30 yards at the goal. It is not fair to judge Defoe after one game but tonight I would rather have had Broughy to be honest. I do think Defoe should have had a penalty though when the defender was pulling his arm.

Did you watch the game this evening ?

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Our midfield should be McCrorie with Jack and Arfield more advanced.

I was frustrated at times that he dropped too deep but he was far more comfortable on the ball than McCrorie is. He had some great spells of intricate passing with Arfield and Jack that created openings in the first half.