[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

??? Can you imagine if they did though? Oh dear? It would be the meltdown of all meltdowns from St Pats!

I think it would be much worse for them if Rangers won the league ?.

10 minutes ago, les186 said:

I think it would be much worse for them if Rangers won the league ?.

Aye, I’m havering mate, ignore me! However, after last night I don’t see it happening? We were just so poor I think everyone’s heads a mess with it? Another plastic pitch at the weekend dosnt fill me with confidence either?

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

Aye, I’m havering mate, ignore me! However, after last night I don’t see it happening? We were just so poor I think everyone’s heads a mess with it? Another plastic pitch at the weekend dosnt fill me with confidence either?

I'm looking forward to a Rangers victory on Sunday - maybe against history and logic ?.

3 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Where am I being paranoid Craig? Mentioning that the fixture list has afforded them momentum at crucial points of the season is not paranoia, it’s a fact. I also said coincidence or not and it probably is coincidence if we are being honest.

However, you can’t deny it has presented them momentum and an advantage twice this season at crucial times. That may just be the luck of the draw but it’s there in black and white. 

This is all conjecture anyway. I don’t think we have enough to win the league. Wouldn’t it be great if Killie stopped their dream though? Can you imagine the meltdown??

And it is also a fact that the fixture list has afforded us momentum at crucial points of the season.  Every stage of the season is crucial, suggesting otherwise makes no sense.  Every point gained is a point towards winning the title.  Every game is important.  I keep saying it so maybe I am saying it poorly.... but if Celtic have "5 out of 6 games at home and we have 5 away from 6" then the reverse must also happen at some stage.

Hiding behind the fixture list is feeble, IMHO.

9 hours ago, craig said:

Every stage of the season is crucial, suggesting otherwise makes no sense.

That doesn't mean it isn't a disadvantage to start the season and after the winter break with 3 of the first 4 away games being away. I raised this at the beginning of the season but everyone thought it was irrelevant because at that time people still thought we were invinceable. The first few games at the beginning of the season and after the winter break are huge. You've got new players playing together in a new system and you want to create a fear factor while you still have a clean slate. 3 away games in our first 4 both times has made it very difficult for us to ease new players into our system and get their fitness levels up before sterner tests whilst Celtic have had 3 home games in their first 4 games both times. 

20 hours ago, craig said:

What you seem to be completely ignoring is that if we have 5 out of the 1st 6 fixtures this year away from home (1 or 2 of them are Cup ties, right ?) then, at some point, we have the same set of fixtures at home.  And, likewise, if Cewltic have 4 out of 5 at home then, at some point, they have the same set of fixtures away from home.

The fixture list evens itself out.. 

Using the fixture list is such a feeble excuse. 

Rubbish. And I aim that at this poor "excuse club" you seem to enjoy so much, as it does not set a level debate standard. You don't need to accept my point of view, but an excuse it is not.

We had a tough start to the league due to the fixture machine, and we have a tough start after the winter break too. It matters not a jot whether they will have the same amount of fixture over the course of the season (and who knows what happens after the split anyway, if someone starts whining again). We'll have two games on astro turf that have wrecked quite a few players and always prove difficult, they start at home against the poorest lot in the country. Like it or not, we don't know how the Scum will fare against Killy in a few weeks or months time, in the here and now they have been given a helping hand that was not needed. I can clearly envisage that some on here will expect (no matter what) a win on Sunday and if it ain't happens, all ills will be blamed on us again. In that respect, some have become "very German" indeed. For me, it remains too simple.

What I dont like is why the other lot were allowed to take the winter break with a game in hand,  I always liked to leave everything tidy when I went on holiday, to me it's like a wee insurance policy they have .