[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nice to see Defoe score.

It's easy to imagine many of our players passing, or taking 3 touches and losing the ball, in similar positions.

Did he do anything apart from score though?

With hindsight he should've been subbed after he scored, because yes, he did very little, and was just a luxury for us tonight.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

We still have them to play twice.  And still 16 games in total to play.  I wouldn't be giving up on the league quite this early.

I like your optimism. How many really good performances as opposed to bad performances have we had in the league so far? Far too many poor games to win any league imo and the manager has to take responsibility it’s his team selection and tactics.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

We still have them to play twice.  And still 16 games in total to play.  I wouldn't be giving up on the league quite this early.

I admire your positivity but the league is over IMO. Celtic will drop points but more depressingly so will we. Our away form is woeful and will be our downfall. Apart from the opening day at Pittodrie and our recent draw at Easter Rd, we have been truly awful in every away game. 

3 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

They didnt get goals from nowhere. Brophy earned his goal by pressing up on Worrall and making him fuck it up. If that was Alfie we'd be singing his praises and adding another million to his price tag. Jones took up position just inside Tav between him and the pensioner, the ball is played over the top of our midfield into that space Jones picks it up runs at him knowing he's no pace takes it a couple of yards inside and bang its off into the bottom left hand corner. You simply cant give a player like Jones that amount of space or time on the ball in and around the box cause he will punish you. 

No mate none of their goals were either lucky or from nothing they two lads worked hard to make the space and earn the right to shoot at goal. 

You’re just misunderstanding what I mean. They are sucker punch goals that haven’t come from sustained pressure or buildup play. And they’ve scored almost with every shot. McGregor has only made 1 save in the whole game. But it should have been 2. 

Edited by DMAA

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Neither will I when my sanity regains consciousness.  That was a tough one to take tonight.

Killie away, under Clarke, is the toughest game of the season, outside of Celtic games, IMO.  Plenty of teams will go there and drop points, quite possibly Celtic too.  3 points was never a given.

I think much of the reason we are all gutted is due to having won on December 29th and feeling we had properly turned a corner.  We are still miles ahead of where most of us would have anticipated being at this stage of Gerrard's tenure.

Your sanity will return - but I also have no shame in admitting when I saw the scoreline on Fotmob read 2-1 to Killie (the RTV feed was 5 minutes behind play) I literally yanked my earphones out and closed the screen.  Feels like a death in the family this evening :(

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

You’re just misunderstanding what I mean. They are sucker punch goals that haven’t come from sustained pressure or buildup play. And they’ve scored almost with every shot. McGregor has only made 1 save in the whole game. But it should have been 2. 

They [Kilmarnock] are a counter attacking team. They did what it says on the tin.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

From the distance Jones shot I think McGregor has to think he should have done better as well.

Not only the distance pete, but Jones' shot wasn't even in the corner....