[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Okay here is my tuppence. I have said from day 1 Steven Davis is not going to be the difference to us winning the league. Our midfield should be McCrorie with Jack and Arfield more advanced. Thankfully Davis only has a 6 month contract because we really need better than him to win the league. Their seems to be the misconception that he was brilliant first time round but I can remember plenty of games he was the invisible man. Unreal why people thought Worrel was a world bearer after one good game against Celtic. We should be investing our time in Katic. The only time I saw McAuly was when he got yellow and letting Jones run 30 yards at the goal. It is not fair to judge Defoe after one game but tonight I would rather have had Broughy to be honest. I do think Defoe should have had a penalty though when the defender was pulling his arm.

Got to disagree Pete. I genuinely think Davis can bring some calmness and composure to our midfield. 

We lost our way when came off IMO. Before that we were probing with intent. After that it was long balls and rushed passes.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Agreed Gonzo.

Jack is a holding midfielder who can dictate the play.  Never an advanced midfielder - far better having Davis in the more advanced role than Jack.  In fact, Jack & Davis had some nice inter-changes in the 2nd half.  No way is Jack a more advanced midfielder like pete suggests, not IMO anyway.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Jack is never an advanced midfielder.  His attempt at a shot tonight verified that.

I agree he shouldn’t be shooting but he’s actually quite good as a box to box player. Kent’s shooting wasn’t any better tonight again. 

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I would too - but I would be looking for a replacement in this window before I did so.

It's all very strange - at the start of the season our CB's looked very solid (Goldson & Katic), then Katic hit a rough patch, lost his place and, ever since, we have looked decidedly shaky at the back.

Our strongest area (CB) from the start of the season now looks like our weakest - it's weird.

Worrall suffers from the not uncommon malaise of thinking he is better than he is. This has been apparent for months, good performances  (one hand needed ) notwithstanding. I agree that the Club should seek a replacement. 

I am unconvinced that persevering with Worrall is worth the risk. We cannot afford a centre half who, to be kind, is learning from his mistakes, on the job in the 1st team.

Oh, and Gareth MacAuley is done. 

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Got to disagree Pete. I genuinely think Davis can bring some calmness and composure to our midfield. 

We lost our way when came off IMO. Before that we were probing with intent. After that it was long balls and rushed passes.

That is why it is a discussion forum.:D