[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

1 minute ago, les186 said:

Defoe didn't look too pacey tonight. Hope he can be fitted in the team to better effect than tonight.

As much as I welcome Defoe and his goalscoring track record, there was always a fear at the back of my head about whether we need 2 up top and how that will effect our team overall. 

1 minute ago, craig said:

Watching Gerrard's post-match interview he is spot on in his assessment - and you can tell he is absolutely gutted.

He spends too much time watching us losing matches.  His lack of urgency in changing things when required suggests to me he won't become a top manager.  

3 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I think huge credit must go to Steve Clarke, for getting a team of, tbf just ok players, to perform like a team that believe that they can win the league.

Agree but I think Ibrox would be empty if we played that kind of football week in week out.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is it possible? Both ultimately do the same thing

I don’t think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water. It was working very well until the game was turned on it’s head and the momentum swung away from us. We had lots of opportunities to score, unlikely almost every away game this season, and should have had more goals. 

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I don’t think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water. It was working very well until the game was turned on it’s head and the momentum swung away from us. We had lots of opportunities to score, unlikely almost every away game this season, and should have had more goals. 

I wouldn't say we created "lots of opportunities to score". Can't even remember a chance in 2nd half

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If we're going to play Defoe and Morelos, Gerrard needs to work out a more effective way of doing it.  

The only way I can see us being able to play both of them is 3-5-2.

we need two wide men in the 5