[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

I take it Alistair Bain is a hugely successful manager?  

Football seems to be all about tactics nowadays.  All the individuality has departed and we're left with well drilled units and bloggers with too much time on their hands.

Just find space, move it forward quickly and get stuck in.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it Alistair Bain is a hugely successful manager?  

Football seems to be all about tactics nowadays.  All the individuality has departed and we're left with well drilled units and bloggers with too much time on their hands.

Just find space, move it forward quickly and get stuck in.

If having too much time to spend on their chosen subject means a ticket to a room called 'ridicule & ignore' then what would you say about the opinion of the most prolific poster on a Rangers messageboard ?

#FreedomofSpeech for AB 

:thup:

....:seal:

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I’m afraid, young man, , Scottish Football is most definitely not still in the dark ages. The game in the dark ages was rip-roaring, exciting stuff. Every match was a contest. You knew not just your own team but most of the opposition as well. Thrills, spills and goalmouth stramashes. Bring it back I say. All this geometry/geography/chess stuff is tedium.

I quite like watching City and Liverpool, though. And see the difference in United now that they’ve started driving forward?

Fair enough. 

I prefer the chess match to the end-to-end 'stramashes'. 

I know of a couple of Scottish-based (I think?) analysts / bloggers that have been appointed by clubs recently to do their analysis for them. It is absolutely essential nowadays, whether you like it or not, that clubs have analysts. Otherwise you get left behind. 

In fact, one of the best bloggers / analysts of recent years, Rene Maric, is now assistant coach at FC Salzburg, who just reached the Europa League Semi-finals.

Have a read:

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/uefa-europa-league/0/blog/post/3472683/fc-salzburg-europa-league-run-and-progress-owes-much-to-rene-maric-and-marco-rose