[FT] Livingston 0 - 3 Rangers (Jack 30; Kent 48; Morelos 74)

I find it very unlikely he's going to abandon the diamond after one game. It's important to note Barisic didn't even make the bench against Kilmarnock too so the chances of him starting are low. I don't think the diamond was the problem against Kilmarnock. The 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 hasn't worked 6 times away from home this season so it can hardly be held up as the solution to what went wrong on Wednesday. There's something to be said for McCrorie being brought back in for Davis though because we need to be able to defend high balls because they'll be raining them in on us. If we go with the diamond I would drop Kent too for Candeias or Middleton but he seems to be a favourite of the manager so very unlikely.

I wonder if the players are really looking forward to this game to put things right (what they'll say) or they are at least partly dreading Livingston on plastic ?

SG&Co have some big calls to make and the unrelenting pressure builds once again.

Bottomline, we need to find an effective and consistent solution for playing against deeply parked autobuses. 

Two quality players have been brought in so as to increase options but neither are match-fit yet.

We had a week in Tenerife to work on it but when asked a question on Wednesday, we remained aimless.

Getting beaten by Kilmarnock isn't as big a deal as in years gone by. Apparently they got the most points in the top flight during 2018 and they have the best pound for pound manager in the League. They CONSISTENTLY do a lot with very little.

Livingston aren't as good as Kilmarnock, are struggling for goals and will be setting up for a 0-0.

We should manage it but I'd like to see the team before saying we will or making a prediction about the match.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I find it very unlikely he's going to abandon the diamond after one game. It's important to note Barisic didn't even make the bench against Kilmarnock too so the chances of him starting are low. I don't think the diamond was the problem against Kilmarnock. The 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 hasn't worked 6 times away from home this season so it can hardly be held up as the solution to what went wrong on Wednesday. There's something to be said for McCrorie being brought back in for Davis though because we need to be able to defend high balls because they'll be raining them in on us. If we go with the diamond I would drop Kent too for Candeias or Middleton but he seems to be a favourite of the manager so very unlikely.

If that’s how teams are picked then we are truly fucked. 

52 minutes ago, buster. said:

Getting beaten by Kilmarnock isn't as big a deal as in years gone by. Apparently they got the most points in the top flight during 2018 and they have the best pound for pound manager in the League. They CONSISTENTLY do a lot with very little.

Very little. I had a look at their starting lineup against us and the quality is so poor it's incredible Clarke is able to get points on the board with them at all. Can't help but wonder what he'd have done with us. 

Burke is 35 and S Boyd 32, Power picked up from the Conference and Dicker and Jones from League 2. Tshibola and Bachmann League 1. Findlay, O'Donnell and Brophy are ex Celtic youth and Taylor ex Rangers youth (he looked very good). Talk about a shoe string budget!