Willie McKay booked plane for Sala that disappeared in the channel..

Questions being asked about this aircraft. Was it fit for purpose? A a single engine aircraft over the channel at night in bad weather. If they lose that single engine they have to attempt going down when they can't see anything in the dark.

There were "alarm bells all around" the incident, aviation consultant Alastair Rosenchein told BBC Radio Wales' Good Morning Wales programme.

He said: "The one issue is whether a single-engine air craft should be flying at night, in winter, over water and with passengers. This is the real issue - it is a really bad combination."

He said despite only 1,400 of the planes being built, there was a "quite significant" number of deaths and injuries from flights involving them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-46998548

On 27/01/2019 at 13:37, MacK1950 said:

A sad event but what confuses me is the undue haste to get back and forward.

I think when you’re rich you just take for granted you can nip across the channel, like the rest of us nip down to the shops for a pint of milk. But I wouldn’t feel comfortable on a single engine plane, no matter who was flying it. It’s a tragedy though.