Benkovic could miss rest of season

CELTIC fear Filip Benkovic could miss the rest of the season after a devastating injury blow.

The Croatian centre-back, 21, was crocked in the win over Hamilton at the weekend.

He played the full game at Celtic Park and the extent of the leg problem only emerged after the final whistle.

Brendan Rodgers is expected to confirm on-loan Benkovic’s injury ahead of the Scottish Premiership clash against St Johnstone tomorrow.

The Celtic boss also look at bringing in cover before the transfer deadline, with Benkovic set to decide if he returns to Leicester for treatment.

Foxes boss Claude Puel had previously stated that the Croatian would remain at Parkhead for the remainder of the season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3808208/celtic-filip-benkovic-miss-season-injury/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1548747095

3 hours ago, buster. said:

That's a big plus for us.

IMO, he is their best central defender.

I've heard a few say that he is their best defender.  If so, glad he's out - just a shame the news didn't come to light at midnight on Jan 31st :ninja:

Didn't ra Sellik pay just over £1 million for German centre back, Marvin Compper this time last year. I believe he played against Morton in the Scottish Cup a week or so after signing? I don't think he has been seen since?

When you're buying German, you're buying reliability.

8 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Didn't ra Sellik pay just over £1 million for German centre back, Marvin Compper this time last year. I believe he played against Morton in the Scottish Cup a week or so after signing? I don't think he has been seen since?

When you're buying German, you're buying reliability.