[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

But if he is to tinker this is the match at home against a team who is going to sit in just as long as the defence does it job we will break st mirren down eventually, so play two up top and no wingers if that is a system he wants to develop just get the win.

Edited by WorthingBear91

I'll just take 3 points in any way today. The hard work was done at the end of 2018 to get level albeit with 1 game extra played but now its a case of catch up again due the fixtures not falling too kindly. So its all about keeping within touching distance.

Its without doubt the strongest squad we have seen in many a year now and with a low injury list we can have a right good go between now and May. 3 pts today and Im perhaps looking forward to being at our next game.

2 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

But if he is to tinker this is the match at home against a team who is going to sit in just as long as the defence does it job we will break st mirren down eventually, so play two up top and no wingers if that is a system he wants to develop just get the win.

As the weeks pass, alterations in formation and of players are inevitable for obvious reasons. However, we want and need a consistency of positive results and to this end, the tinkering aspect to it should be kept to a minimum. In other words, if you want consistent results, be as consistent as possible in selection.

SG&Co have to quickly decide on what way they are going to go and who they are going to trust in. Central defence is one example, decide on the best pairing and stick with it. Up front, we can't be chopping and changing to accommodate a player. 

You'd like to think that today will be something of a formality. On paper, it's about as straightforward a fixture as you'll get and I trust that we'll get the business done with something to spare. Hopefully, giving the manager some license to use the bench relatively early.

Guessing the starting line-up has been more difficult than the score this season (and I've been useless in the later) so I'll pass on that but I'd hope to see Davis showing some quality today and McCrorie back in the team.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

I'll just take 3 points in any way today. The hard work was done at the end of 2018 to get level albeit with 1 game extra played but now its a case of catch up again due the fixtures not falling too kindly. So its all about keeping within touching distance.

Its without doubt the strongest squad we have seen in many a year now and with a low injury list we can have a right good go between now and May. 3 pts today and Im perhaps looking forward to being at our next game.

Not Rangers news I know but it possibly could affect us. Benkovic and Rogic are out long term and rumours that Tierney has a serious problem that is not an injury but growth related and could also be out for the rest of the season at least..

It feels like ages since we played at Ibrox.

I'm looking forward to seeing Defoe playing at some point today and hope we can make it a comfortable victory because the next two matches will be difficult and wins are required in both.  

20 minutes ago, WorthingBear91 said:

What competitive game would be better for trying out a new system as we need to have a tried and tested back up ? But I do agree in the long run a consistent team is the way to go.

Today would certainly have been better than Rugby Park.

If we want to stay in touch at the top, I don't think there is much scope for experimentation, period.

Today should be straightforward but tinker too much and there is scope for complicating the task.

The ideal: Win the game in 60 minutes and use the 30 for tinkering.

Edited by buster.