[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

4 pens the ref was shocking 

IMO first and last were pretty stonewall. The handball on the edge of the box at east enclosure was debatable and the 2nd was a bad decision.

However, predictably its meltdown from St Pats fans who have spent their Saturday watching Rangers. They are all over the phone in messing themselves on air? 

Good result, not a great first half but overall a good 3 points. Baltic sitting there today though?

Apart from the first I would have been disappointed with the other three penalties. The second wasn't and I will need to see the other 2 again but both looked outside the box for me.

5th time St Mirren have conceded 4 away from home this season so it's a par for the course result for us if we're serious about challenging for the league. I was hoping we would have really made a statement of intent and annihilated them but but it's a good straightforward win ahead of a huge game. Aberdeen's form makes it huge, a loss would be disastrous.

16 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I find it hard to get behind a manager stupid enough to drop candeias. 

4th pen is definitely in the box. Didnt see other 3. 

Though we should have had another though. 

Yeah, seemed like a blatant drag-down on Morelos at 4-0. I'd need to see it again though.

(Sorry - I see WalterBear has already mentioned that above).

Edited by Thinker

27 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

2nd dodgy the rest were pens and we actually had a fifth denied when Morelos was manhandled and wrested to the ground. 

The handball penalty was outside the box.  Not sure if it was 3rd or 4th pen

27 minutes ago, DMAA said:

5th time St Mirren have conceded 4 away from home this season so it's a par for the course result for us if we're serious about challenging for the league. I was hoping we would have really made a statement of intent and annihilated them but but it's a good straightforward win ahead of a huge game. Aberdeen's form makes it huge, a loss would be disastrous.

If you didn’t see it mate it was 4-0 going on 10

23 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I find it hard to get behind a manager stupid enough to drop candeias. 

4th pen is definitely in the box. Didnt see other 3. 

Though we should have had another though. 

I find it hard to take you seriously after a very comfortable 4-0 win that you can’t get behind a manager because he “dropped” Candeais.

Of course, the reality is probably far, far different to the simple “he didn’t play so was dropped” mantra.

My take ok it, only an opinion same as yours, is that Candeias is a high energy player every single minute of every single game he plays.  And Gerrard possibly looked at a) home game b) against weaker opponents c) where I likely Tav would need as much defensive cover and thought “I’ll rest (not drop) Candeais because we have a very important game at Pittodrie midweek where he will be needed - and a rest means he will be fit, 100% and raring to go”.

i don’t think Candeais was dropped at all.

Gerrard is anything but stupid.  The fact his team won 4-0 today, without the player (for much of the game) you are calling him stupid for makes you look silly, not Gerrard.