[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

As much as we're all having a laugh about Timmy's response to the penalties, I have no doubt it'll probably come back to bite us on the arse.

Refs will feel pressured into NOT giving us penalties in the next few weeks.  Just watch, we'll get no major 50/50 decisions during February.  

I hope you're wrong Gonzo but I suspect you'll be right. I'd have swapped a couple of yesterday's penalty decisions for one at Hibs before Christmas. We better score without any doubts against the Sheep because the chances of us getting a penalty there are probably zip.

They showed any incident re the penalties and relevant fouls about three or four times from different angles on RTV during and after the game.

Even watching the highlights of the SPFL, only the foul on Defoe is a debatable decision.

People spoke about the handball. Fom the video above, watch where the chaps lands after handling the ball. He must have been fully inside the area when hand hit ball, something clearly visible in one of the replays shown.

The one with Candeias is equally clear, at least on the line and Candeias hasn't much speed but still falls down about a yard inside the area.

As I said above, our play forced errors and if it were errors in the area, it is penalties. It ain't our fault nor the refs, that St. Mirren commited these fouls. BTW, no-one in the media has debated the two penalties wer were not handed last Wednesday. No-one has debated the penalty for Cowdenbeath that never was. Nor has anyone asked why Tansely did not even a yellow card for one of the penalties he gave away. How come?

BTW, you can see it better in the RTV highlights over at Russian Rangers ...

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=3605

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

They showed any incident re the penalties and relevant fouls about three or four times from different angles on RTV during and after the game.

Even watching the highlights of the SPFL, only the foul on Defoe is a debatable decision.

People spoke about the handball. Fom the video above, watch where the chaps lands after handling the ball. He must have been fully inside the area when hand hit ball, something clearly visible in one of the replays shown.

The one with Candeias is equally clear, at least on the line and Candeias hasn't much speed but still falls down about a yard inside the area.

As I said above, our play forced errors and if it were errors in the area, it is penalties. It ain't our fault nor the refs, that St. Mirren commited these fouls. BTW, no-one in the media has debated the two penalties wer were not handed last Wednesday. No-one has debated the penalty for Cowdenbeath that never was. Nor has anyone asked why Tansely did not even a yellow card for one of the penalties he gave away. How come?

Большое спасибо ?.

11 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Yes, the Russian TV angle on the 4th penalty tells a different story to what I'd seen before.

Dallas got a difficult decision spot-on.

I wonder if the Sportsound crew tonight will have done comprehensive and objective search on the penalties.

The second penalty has been widely conceded to be the wrong decision but I'm not sure why? Defoe knocked the ball past him and the defender clearly stuck his leg out and blocked his path without touching the ball. It's hard to tell from the replays I saw but it does look like there contact too but even if there isn't those have definitely been given against us before.

Edited by DMAA

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Still unsure why the 4 pens are a big issue. 1,3 and 4 are pens. The only one that is doubtful is no 2 and as SG said, we didn't claim for that. It seems like the ref went quick with a decision based on the slight contact and Defoe going to ground. Move on. Nothing to see here.

Ah! but this is Scottish football & so called match analysis by the agenda driven, Rangers hating Scottish gutter press!.

Rangers win=cheated

ST Pats win=brilliant

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Ah! but this is Scottish football & so called match analysis by the agenda driven, Rangers hating Scottish gutter press!.

Rangers win=cheated

ST Pats win=brilliant

If it had gone the other way I think they say it's soft but probably a penalty due to obstruction. You can't stick your leg out and block the striker's path and claim you didn't touch him so it's not a penalty.