[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 St Mirren (Tavernier 3' pen, 55' pen, Defoe 80' pen, Kent 81')

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

Clarke's talking about refs and Rangers because that means he doesn't need to explain how his side lost to Hearts on Friday. 

He can't possibly keep up with the players he has. He has worked wonders for a second season in a row but with Stewart away I think they'll start to slip down the table. Our failure to beat them was a big one.

Three out of four Rangers penalty calls were right insists former ref Dermot Gallagher

Andrew Dallas got three out of four Rangers penalty calls correct - according to former ref Dermot Gallagher.

The whistler grabbed the headlines at Ibrox on Saturday as he made a quadruple spot-kick award in Rangers' 4-0 win over St Mirren .

The home side converted all but one of the penalties and Dallas has come under fire for his performance.

Jermain Defoe faced accusations of diving as he went down under pressure from Paul McGinn - but Gallagher believes that was the only call that was debatable.

Andrew Dallas got three out of four Rangers penalty calls correct - according to former ref Dermot Gallagher.

The whistler grabbed the headlines at Ibrox on Saturday as he made a quadruple spot-kick award in Rangers' 4-0 win over St Mirren .

The home side converted all but one of the penalties and Dallas has come under fire for his performance.

Jermain Defoe faced accusations of diving as he went down under pressure from Paul McGinn - but Gallagher believes that was the only call that was debatable.

But Gallagher disagreed: "Great call by the assistant because it's all about where the assistant is. I think it is a handball because he's put his arms up.

"He's definitely caught the ball, he's definitely stopped it and it's on the line so it's part of the penalty area. Penalty.

"I just think he's had enough time where he has put his arms."

And on the final award for a foul on Daniel Candeias, Gallagher added: "I don't know why the player does this. He's just pulled him back it's quite clear.

"He's allowed to carry on and it's definitely inside when he finishes. It's a penalty."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-out-four-rangers-penalty-13950631

I

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He can't possibly keep up with the players he has. He has worked wonders for a second season in a row but with Stewart away I think they'll start to slip down the table. Our failure to beat them was a big one.

For all they've lost Stewart and he was an important player for them I was still impressed with their January signings. Alex Bruce should be more than capable at SPFL level, the young lad from Liverpool seems to be rated very highly and Mulumbu was one of their best players last season, getting him back is a good bit of business. I wouldn't discount them just yet, they'll beat most sides particularly at home. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I

For all they've lost Stewart and he was an important player for them I was still impressed with their January signings. Alex Bruce should be more than capable at SPFL level, the young lad from Liverpool seems to be rated very highly and Mulumbu was one of their best players last season, getting him back is a good bit of business. I wouldn't discount them just yet, they'll beat most sides particularly at home. 

Yes I forgot when I wrote my comment that they added players after playing us. However Mulumbu will be (to put it kindly) very well rested so may take time to get back up to speed.

3 hours ago, stewarty said:

Defoe doesn't even claim for the second one.  He is clearly playing for contact, but gets straight back up when it doesnt happen.  

It was a bad call, make no mistake.  But if Clarke is somehow suggesting that Defoe should get a ban... that would be ridiculous.

As you say, Defoe doesn't even claim for it, he gets back up to try to win the ball and only stops when the ref has blown his whistle for a penalty.  And what player in the world will say "don't give it ref, there was no contact" ???

10 minutes ago, craig said:

As you say, Defoe doesn't even claim for it, he gets back up to try to win the ball and only stops when the ref has blown his whistle for a penalty.  And what player in the world will say "don't give it ref, there was no contact" ???

The only thing that makes me doubt my opinion on this is that Michael Stewart agrees.  No penalty and no yellow for simulation was his take.   I'm on the look out for horsemen of the apocalypse...

12 minutes ago, craig said:

Harry Haddock.