SNP’s workplace parking tax

Can't say this bothers me too much.

Many companies should be encouraging employees to work remotely.  Not sure if this policy will really help that though.

Recently I worked in an office, in a congested part of Glasgow, where there were about 60 people working at desks with a computer and a telephone.  Collaboration was minimal and could all have been completed through email or telephone conversations.  I have no idea why the company insisted on making them come in to the city to work.  Some of us lived nearby but others lived an hour away.

If the SNP/Greens really want to reduce congestion then it might be an idea to get more buses on the road.

7 minutes ago, StuGers said:

This may be a controversial comment but...

why should NHS staff be exempt?

Because they are necessary to the well-being of everyone who needs medical treatment especially in emergencies and if the tax were to prove cost adversity to them I could see many leaving.This could/would have the knock-on effect of increasing already unrealistic targets having to be met.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Because they are necessary to the well-being of everyone who needs medical treatment especially in emergencies and if the tax were to prove cost adversity to them I could see many leaving.This could/would have the knock-on effect of increasing already unrealistic targets having to be met.

Could that not be said about a lot of jobs? Should street cleaners not be taxed as the streets would become unclean and disease would spread? Should oil workers be exempt as without them we would be out of fuel for ambulances?

I’m 100% against anyone paying this silly tax, but the fact that some people will be exempt based on their job doesn’t brush with me.

Derek Mackay, university dropout and finance minister in the SNP government. Never done a day's work outside politics in his life. A low-grade waster, a silly man-child without the intellect or life-experience on which to base either judgement or leadership. A clown of the first water and as helpful as an express train with no driver. He could serve as an analogue for the entire nationalist movement. In fact he does, perfectly.

30 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Could that not be said about a lot of jobs? Should street cleaners not be taxed as the streets would become unclean and disease would spread? Should oil workers be exempt as without them we would be out of fuel for ambulances?

I’m 100% against anyone paying this silly tax, but the fact that some people will be exempt based on their job doesn’t brush with me.

Like you I am against the tax but I answered your question which was about NHS and no others,many others could be brought in regards the tax but your question only mentioned NHS.

5 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Like you I am against the tax but I answered your question which was about NHS and no others,many others could be brought in regards the tax but your question only mentioned NHS.

Fair doos.

It's worse than I thought. We (which means you, since I no longer work) will also have to pay 20% VAT on any charges for workplace parking where these are passed on to employees.

Remember the terrible Poll Tax that was criticised for being foist upon Scots when the rest of the UK were excused. Sound familiar?

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

It's worse than I thought. We (which means you, since I no longer work) will also have to pay 20% VAT on any charges for workplace parking where these are passed on to employees.

Remember the terrible Poll Tax that was criticised for being foist upon Scots when the rest of the UK were excused. Sound familiar?

The Cybernats have been sent out in force to preemptively put the onus of blame on the employer if they should dare pass this unfairly on to the employee.