Another press attack on Morelos

Another match, another part of the sustained attack by the press on Morelos.

The (London) Times this time, which devotes the headline and the first 5 paragraphs of the match report this attack by highlighting a minor part of the game, and lying while he was at it. He claims Morelos didn't celebrate Tav's goals, but on both occasions he ran over and joined in the celebrations.

He was right to be pissed off when his position of back-up penalty taker was ignored and I'd want my top scorer to be looking to score at every opportunity and to be pissed off when his position is overlooked.

Alfredo Morelos plays role of baddy in penalty pantomime

Rangers 4 St Mirren 0

Teamwork, trust, togetherness. Three qualities that can win a title. But if Rangers are to be regarded as serious Ladbrokes Premiership contenders, they need to convey that message to striker Alfredo Morelos, who produced the most appalling displays of petulance at Ibrox.

The Colombian’s tantrums were completely overshadowed by referee Andrew Dallas awarding a staggering four penalties, all to Rangers, three of which were highly debatable. Those spot kicks brought out the worst in Morelos who was suddenly transformed from a potential £10 million striker into a spoilt child by James Tavernier’s refusal to yield to his protestations that he should take the penalties.

When he did not get the ball, and even when Tavernier converted two out of the three he took, Morelos refused to celebrate — and the scorer didn’t receive so much as an acknowledgement from his team-mate, never mind a handshake or a pat on the back. At full time, he was straight down the tunnel.

Another team-mate, Scott Arfield, intervened at one stage presumably to tell Morelos that such a show of pique was unacceptable. And there were plenty in the Ibrox stands telling him in no uncertain terms to get a grip of himself. After all, Tavernier’s missed penalty — the second out of four awarded for those keeping count — was the first time he had failed to score in 15 attempts.

Compare and contrast Morelos’s actions with those of the classy Jermain Defoe, who was handed the honours for the fourth penalty, with man of the match Ryan Kent also netting from open play. Defoe selflessly teed up others in the box when a shooting opportunity presented itself — Morelos just shot on sight.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/alfredo-morelos-plays-role-of-baddy-in-penalty-pantomime-mfpssj5hn

Amazing another obvious green tinted "nhewspaper",wonder if the actually seen the game or if they scoured the recording to make up such drivel.:wanker:

Looks like another mob that should have,if they have them,press privileges removed.

Agree that it's unwarranted to devote an article to it and if you say he did celebrate then there is dishonesty there too, but the article aside I do think that Morelos has a very poor attitude and is often all about himself in the final third to the detriment of the team. I think the contrast to Defoe is valid too who is streets ahead of Morelos when it comes to linking up with and setting up teammates. 

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Agree that it's unwarranted to devote an article to it and if you say he did celebrate then there is dishonesty there too, but the article aside I do think that Morelos has a very poor attitude and is often all about himself in the final third to the detriment of the team. I think the contrast to Defoe is valid too who is streets ahead of Morelos when it comes to linking up with and setting up teammates. 

Our striker is top scorer in the league and you think he is detrimental to the team? I don't get your poor attitude to Morelos!!

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Defoe is just with us and has a lot to prove,reputation wise fine but has to prove it.

Don't know if you attend games as when I watch him(Morelos) he makes himself available constantly,chases down lost causes at times,brings fellow team-mates into the game etc. and yes being a striker strives to score as you would expect.

Sad to see one on here submitting to mhedia nonsense.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Our striker is top scorer in the league and you think he is detrimental to the team? I don't get your poor attitude to Morelos!!

You’ve misunderstood what I’ve said. I said that he is often all about himself in the final third to the detriment of the team. In other words those decisions are to the detriment of the team, not him. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

You’ve misunderstood what I’ve said. I said that he is often all about himself in the final third to the detriment of the team. In other words those decisions are to the detriment of the team, not him. 

Perhaps last season, but I haven't seen it that often this season. All goal scorers have a selfish streak in them, and there are occasions when he shows it but look at him at the first Livvie goal for example.

5 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Defoe is just with us and has a lot to prove,reputation wise fine but has to prove it.

Don't know if you attend games as when I watch him(Morelos) he makes himself available constantly,chases down lost causes at times,brings fellow team-mates into the game etc. and yes being a striker strives to score as you would expect.

Sad to see one on here submitting to mhedia nonsense.

None of that contradicts my point. And I'm not submitting to anything, I've sometimes been concerned at his attitude whilst watching him myself. Just because I'm concerned about his attitude it doesn't mean I don't think he works hard, it's in his own interest to work hard. My concern about his attitude is primarily selfish decision making but also making really unnecessary fouls and getting bookings which will lead to a suspension, I think he's a booking away from one again