Another press attack on Morelos

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The press dislike (or hatred in some cases) for Morelos shows that he is a good asset. 

I'd preferred him to have been more team orientated on Saturday but that's not one of his strong points and we all know that.  

He's one of, if not the, hardest worker in the team - how that translates into not being team oriented is beyond me.

27 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree. There was debate on FF after someone compared him to Michael Mols after the match. I think at this stage his primary attributes are very much physical whereas the technical side of his game needs a lot of work, and in all honesty will never reach Mols level.

Comparing Morelos to Mols is like comparing apples to oranges.

I’d be more concerned about the press attacks on him if some of our own also didn’t criticise him at any opportunity , but they do.

Perhaps there is just something about him which runs people the wrong way.  He can seem petulant at times.

I thought there were promising signs with regards to Defoe and Morelos.  The first penalty was from Alfy's cut back, and it was Defoe's sharpness that got him quickly to the ball and his quick feet inducing the tackle that won the penalty. 

Alfy worked his man and the space the whole game as we have become accustomed to.  And there were other signs that Defoe was starting to get more involved in the play and find space.

As I say, promising signs.  Lets see what they can do against a much better team on Wednesday .

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

I thought there were promising signs with regards to Defoe and Morelos.  The first penalty was from Alfy's cut back, and it was Defoe's sharpness that got him quickly to the ball and his quick feet inducing the tackle that won the penalty. 

Alfy worked his man and the space the whole game as we have become accustomed to.  And there were other signs that Defoe was starting to get more involved in the play and find space.

As I say, promising signs.  Lets see what they can do against a much better team on Wednesday .

I doubt Defoe will start on Wed. It'll be (hopefully) be back to 4-3-3.

24 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I doubt Defoe will start on Wed. It'll be (hopefully) be back to 4-3-3.

Yeah, I can see us utilizing 2 formations more for the remainder of the season.

4-3-3 away (particularly against stronger opponents)

4-4-2 diamond at home (unless against stronger opponents)

It seems to me (admittedly it is very early) that Defoe & Davis were brought in to accommodate this change in formation when needed.

2 hours ago, craig said:

He's one of, if not the, hardest worker in the team - how that translates into not being team oriented is beyond me.

I'm not suggesting he doesn't work hard.  I'm referring to his attitude more than the execution of it.